Saturday 1st June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Sripture Reading:- 1 Kings 17:8-24
Topic:- Not Lustful
Text:- Job 31:1
A man of God that must carry fire must discipline himself. Elijah disciplined himself when he was living with the widow of Zarephath. See 1 Kings 17:10-16.
He lived with the widow for many months, and nothing happened between them, because he was a Man of God and Man of Fire.
As a holy Man of God, he occupied his emotions with things of God and did not allow himself to be controlled by the flesh. See 2 Kings 4:9.
These days, some so called men of God cannot control their sexual emotion. They would have been meeting carnally and secretly having illicit affairs with another person outside their matrimony.
Today, men of God do not pray to be men of fire because they do not want to retain God in their knowledge, therefore God gave them over to those things which are not convenient. See Romans 1:28.
Unfortunately, ignorant members will sing their praise and they too will be happy, swimming in their sins because they have occupied their minds with lust of this world that cannot edify them.
Job said, I have made covenant with my eyes, why then should I think upon a maid. See Job 31:1.
1. Thank You oh Lord God for yesterday, today and everyday of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, forgive me of all the sins of lust I found myself with and without, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord God, shed Your light to all my lustful adventures to catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I cast out of my life, every spirit of lust, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I command every opposite sex sent from satanic kingdom to seduce me, what are you waiting for, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy New Month of June!