THURSDAY 12TH JULY 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:– PSALM 23
TOPIC:- THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD 
TEXT: PSALM 23:4
12. Your rod and Your staff. God’s rod and staff is to correct us and guide us from wrong paths and ways. He usually speaks to us through His word and through His voice to guide and correct us. See Psalm 119:9, 11, 105.
13. They comfort me. That is what God’s word can do either in correcting us or guiding us. Both are always for our comfort, this is another way that proves and shows the greatness of God’s love and provision for us.
14. You prepare a table. Since we are talking about the provision of God, the great shepherd usually and always meet our wants and needs. He is ever ready to do us good in every ramification. See Matthew 7:9-11.
15. Before me. That is the wonderful doings of God for your personal benefit. The provision of God awaits individuals who wholeheartedly partake in this programme, especially you. See Luke 11:3.
16. In the presence of my enemies. Why should God be doing this for you in the presence of the enemies, isn’t that dangerous? The answer is that we should not forget that God is always with us and fear had been destroyed. So, the provision of God in the presence of the enemies is secured and can never be hijacked. Devil is only a toothless bulldog. See Romans 8:31, 37.
17. You anoint my head with oil. God is not only in the business of the provision of material things but also in provision of spiritual decorations for us, with anointing to excel in the ministry and every spiritual gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. See 1 Corinthians 12.
18. My cup runs over. Whatever God gives is not sparingly because God is generous and He will never stop His provision until we bid Him to stop. God is never a miser or stingy in His giving, but He wants the best for us on and on and on and on. See Genesis 1:26-30.
19. Surely. That is a word of certainty, which can never be altered. See Matthew 1:19; 18:18-19.
20. Goodness and mercy shall follow me. The goodness of the Lord which is another provision of God which we do not work for or merit, and also the mercy of the Lord which travails over sin and sicknesses are God’s given provision that will be for us and follow us everywhere we go. Hallelujah!
21. All the days of my life. This unique favour of the Lord is not only for a day, but the provision is for everyday of our life as long as we are alive on this earth. See Lamentations 3:22-23.
22. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord. The only thing required of me to appreciate all these magnanimous doings of God that is limitless, is jut to begin to serve God and worship Him, and join others in His sanctuary to tell Him Abba Father, You are good. See John 4:23-24.
23. Forever! Our service to God for all He has done, what He is doing and what He will continue to do, most especially His provision for our salvation and the sparing of our lives even till today that we are still breathing on the face of the earth, the only thing left for us is to give Him back in return, to serve Him throughout the days of our lives and also to reign with Him after this earth is no more. See Psalm 116:12-14.
1. Oh Lord God, anoint me specially with Your double portion now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord my God and Shepherd! Let not Your provisions cease in my life henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I will continually served You and dwell in Your house henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a fulfilling Thursday!