Monday 28th October 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 55:1-23
Topic:- David And Ahitophel
Text:- Psalm 55:15
Somebody once said, “Do you know why God did not give us the gift to read other’s mind?” So that, we could have the chance to trust and privilege to be trusted.”
Another one says, “Trust is like a sticker. Once it is removed, it may stick again, but not as strong as it holds when you first applied.”
The way of life of the white people shows that they easily trust people. While the opposite is the case with the black countries. We are so deceitful to the extent that even our Nation is full of corruption. Funny enough, the Churches are not exempted. It is so sad!
In today’s exhortation, we are focusing on the lives of David and Ahithophel. Ahithophel had been a member of David’s cabinet as well as his chief counselor.
Perhaps Ahithophel turned against David because of the events surrounding the death of Uriah the Hittite, the husband of Bathsheba. This would seem logical since Ahithophel was Bathsheba’s grandfather. See 2 Samuel 11:3; 23:34.
Soon, the trust of Ahithophel for David ended, when an opportunity came for him to ally with Absalom the son of David who had overthrew his father from the throne. See 2 Samuel 15:1-12.
You will believe with me that the trust between the two died immediately because when David heard of the conspiracy against him, that Ahithophel, his best adviser was among. David was not angry with his son absalom, who was planning to terminate his life, but wondered how his best counsellor, Ahithophel, whom he trusted, could have joined forces with his son. See 2 Samuel 15:30-37. Note also Psalms 55:12-17.
The only one to trust, who will never disappoint you and also settle your case is Jesus, who cares for you. See 1 Peter 5:7; Matthew 11:28-30.
1. Oh Lord God, I have come unto You, help me, save me and settle my case now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command all those unfriendly friends of mine, be exposed and be disgraced, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every counsel of Ahithophel against my miracle, breakthrough and success, come to foolishness, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Help me oh Lord my God, to trust you, rely on you and to cast my burden on you, in the name of Jesus.
5. Oh Lord my God! Send unto me, helper of destiny and settle me completely now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Monday! www.timogundelejesu.com