Saturday 11th August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Matthew 5:1-12
Topic:- You Are Greatly Blessed
Text:- Matthew 5:12
The Greek word translates “blessed” as “makarioi”, which means to be “fully satisfied.” This satisfaction is not the result of favorable circumstances in life, but it comes only from being indwelt by Christ.
Blessedness is not static but progressive, and it depends upon the fulfillment of the conditions set down in these sermon on the mount of the Lord Jesus Christ, which are:
1. Those who are poor in spirit: they are those in a state of realization of one’s own spiritual helplessness. They are those that God’s kingdom of heaven are made for. See Matthew 5:3.
2. They that mourn: are those who sorrow for their sins and the sins of others. Those shall be comforted. See Matthew 5:4.
3. The meek: are those who are willing to see themselves as they really are. The concept they have of themselves is evidenced in their submission to God and His word, as well as in their dealings with others. These ones are to inherit the earth. See Matthew 5:5.
4. They which do hunger: are those who are constantly and recurrently satisfied with God’s righteousness. The nourishment received from being filled is experienced in hungering anew for another filling. See Matthew 5:6.
5. The merciful: are characterized by a caring attitude for those who are in misery. Those who take the heartaches of others and make them their own. Those shall surely obtain mercy from others. See Matthew 5:7.
6. Purity of heart: this can only be acquired through the continuous cleansing that believers experience when they have fulfilled the previous conditions of blessedness. The purer a person become, the more clearly he can see God. See Matthew 5:8.
7. A peacemaker: is not simply someone who tries to stop the feuding between two parties, but a believer that has experienced the peace of God, and who brings that peace to his fellow human beings. Those shall be named God’s children. See Matthew 5:9.
8. Being persecuted for righteousness sake: this causes a person to reach the highest level of the satisfaction of blessedness. And this begins the very moment a person believes in Jesus Christ for salvation till you reach the heavenly kingdom. See Matthew 5:10-12.
Beloved! Think about these things above and practice them, then you will really be blessed!
1. Oh Lord my God, I want to have true blessings, help me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command the true blessings of God to locate me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. My Father! My Father!! My Father!!! Anoint me specially for Your blessings now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a Beautiful Saturday!