Saturday 19th December 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Hebrews 12:1-29
Topic:- When You Are Criticized
Text: Hebrews 12:14
As believers, how should we respond to criticism?
1. We must maintain a quite spirit. Do not become defensive or loud, though that may feel right at the moment.
Some people will say, “I just get angry easily. That’s how God made me.” No, we can’t blame the Lord when we fail to control our own bad temper. Such responses are unhelpful and unacceptable.
2. We should not attempt to defend ourselves immediately. Whenever possible, it’s wise to allow time for the initial shock and irritation to pass before offering any defenses or explanation.
3. This is a tough one, we must ask the Holy Spirit to show us if the problem is our fault. Are the accusations true? Is it possible that a loving friend was led by God to reveal something unpleasant about us? As humans, we cannot be right all of the time.
4. This respond, there is always a chance that a conflict in our lives may actually be our fault. When people care enough to confront us in this way, we should be gracious about receiving and considering their perspective. When people criticize you, respond in a way that fosters peace, not destroy it.
1. Father, help me to respond peaceably to my critics henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord help me to listen when You are correcting me through the words of a friend, even when it hurts, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Saturday!