Thursday 23rd May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 19:8-21
Topic:- Elijah’s Ministry Changed At Mount Horeb/Sinai
Text:- Deuteronomy 31:8
Jezebel, the wife of King Ahab, after the massacre of the 450 priests of Baal, this eventually angered Jezebel who had sworn to take the life of Elijah. That compelled him to flee without delay, and take his refuge beyond the desert of Judah, in the sanctuary of Mount Horeb, which is identified in scripture as Mt. Sinai, the place where the law was given to Moses.
It is therefore significant that Elijah was driven to this place. He traveled for forty days, in comparison to the forty years of wandering imposed upon the unbelieving Israelites.
As Elijah stood at the mouth of the cave, a mighty wind came that literally tore the rocks apart. Was God there? No, He wasn’t.
Then came a great earthquake, and a fire, both awe inspiring occurrences of nature. Surely, they represented the might and glory of God. No, God was not in them either. What followed the fire was a gentle whisper.
Surely, that wasn’t the mighty God of creation, was it? The Prophet knew beyond a doubt that it was God, and also because of the instructions God gave him for the remaining of his Ministry.
Sometimes, in fact most of the time, God does not speak to us in thunder and lightning and earthquakes. Instead, He chooses to come to us in a way we can know on the inside as that still small voice.
Yes, things are bad today at home, in the world, just do your best, pray and don’t worry. God is in charge! Not you nor I, but God Himself. And He knows and has power, He knows what He is doing! See Deuteronomy 31:8; Romans 8:28.
1. I command every complain of mine that is hindering my progress, cease now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Enough is enough of myself pity, oh Lord God, transform my life to resemble You, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, I want self to decrease in me and Jesus to increase mightily in me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God, help me to hear from you always henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, I want to be led by You always henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Thursday!