Wednesday 22nd May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 19:8-21
Topic:- Elijah Faced Discouragement
Text:- Isaiah 59:19b
Reading 1 Kings 19’s account of Elijah fleeing from the clutches of evil Jezebel, we can breathe a sigh of relief. The sigh isn’t birthed by the fact that Elijah fled or that Jezebel tossed her evil threats his way. The sigh rises from yet another realization that Elijah was a real person facing authentic, human emotions.
Discouragement is or has been a battle for many of us. Reading Elijah’s account reassures we’re not alone. Even a Prophet, a strong man of faith, faced its torrent.
But the waters of discouragement failed to overtake him. Our man of faith found God’s direction, provision, and correction. He found strength to squelch and overcome discouragement. See Isaiah 59:19b.
1. I command every discouraging act that are confronting me, what are you waiting for, disappear by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I refuse to give up for discouraging people, be silent completely over me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, turn my weaknesses around to Your strength henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Enough is enough oh Lord my God, I will rise up again to fulfill Your mandate for my life now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Use me again oh Lord my God, and never let me be forgotten again, in the name of Jesus Christ.