MONDAY 2ND APRIL, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
PASSAGE:- LUKE 19:1-10
TOPIC:- DID JESUS REALLY COME TO DIE FOR YOU?
TEXT:- REVELATION 3:20
As Zacchaeus, later realized his state of sinfulness, and utilized the opportunity of Jesus coming along his way. He did everything humanly possible to see Jesus. His small stature notwithstanding, he went ahead to get the attention of Jesus’ mercy. Afterwards Jesus visited his home, ate with him, and he received Jesus’ unrelenting forgiveness. He was saved with his own household and all his enemies were put to shame. That one alone is a proof that Jesus came to die for you. See Luke 19:1-10.
What about Apostle Paul, who was formally called Saul, went about killing Christians until Christ appeared unto him on the way to Damascus. He saw and heard Jesus Christ speaking to him. He was blinded and later became born again. He was also later filled with the Holy Spirit, and became powerful preacher of the Gospel. He realized that truly, Jesus Christ came to die for him and for all who accept Him as their Savior. See Acts 9:1-22.
Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done which makes the devil keep throwing it up in your face, [lying, cheating, debt, fear, bad habits, hatred, anger, bitterness, etc]. Whatever it is, you need to know that, God knows about it all and saw the whole thing you did.
He has seen your whole life, He wants you to know that He loves you and that you are forgiven. He’s just wondering how long you will let the devil make a slave of you, feeling guilty on what you did.
The great thing about God is that, when you ask for forgiveness, He not only forgives you, but He forgets. It is by God’s grace and mercy that we are saved. See Isaiah 43:25.
1. Oh Lord my God! For Your love for me on the cross, I am cover by the blood of Jesus henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command, whatever that might have been destroyed in my life, the power of the cross, repair it now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord my God! In this time of Easter, let me receive Your ever flowing mercy, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. I claim all the total love of Jesus He gave me on the cross now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I have a confidence that Jesus will see me through and settle me by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Easter Monday!