Saturday 27th February 2021 Devotion
Scripture:- 1 Corinthians 10:32-11:32
Topic:- Are You A Leader
Text:- 1 Corinthians 11:1
1. A leader is a servant to all. If you don’t have the heart to serve others without looking for a reward, you are not a leader.
2. If you can’t withstand criticism and you can’t withstand and survive the havoc of hate speech, you are not a leader.
3. If you don’t have the power of forgiving and forgetting, you are not a leader.
4. If you stop doing good because nobody recognizes your kind gesture, you are not a leader.
5. If you see your followers making mistakes, but you keep quiet saying, “If they don’t call me for advice, I will allow them to learn by experience.” Your attitude depicts that you are not a leader.
6. Do you have the pull them down syndrome? When you see someone doing better than you, what do you do, encourage, or pull them down?
7. A genuine leader should not desire the downfall of his followers who are better than him.
8. If you close doors for your subordinates because you are afraid they will be far better than you, you are not a leader.
9. If you don’t produce your kind. You are the only champion doing great and mighty things, you are not a leader. Never forget that every good leader must have a better successor.
10. As a leader, you must feed on knowledge. Don’t be stagnant, improve yourself so you can make an impact.
11. As a leader, be a ladder for others to climb to the top. Don’t pull them down. Your desire should be to make your followers better than yourself.
12. Be humble, let them learn from your mistakes. Do not watch them grope in darkness when you can guide them as light.
13. A leader should be compassionate. How can you be comfortable when your followers are living in abject poverty?
14. A leader should have the heart of a father. A father leads and ensures his family is safe. A good leader should provide for his own people sacrificially without using them for his personal agenda.
15. A leader should have the heart of a mother. When the child is sick, the mother runs a helter-skelter to ensure his quick recovery. Why do you pretend you don’t know your followers are suffering?
16. A leader should not allow evil people to make him wicked. No matter how good you are, some people will not like you.
17. A leader should not allow evil to prevail in the land because of his personal interest. Do what is right for conscience’s sake and leave the rest.
18. A leader should not be partial in judgment. We need leaders who can be fair in judgment.
19. Be a voice to the voiceless in society without fear nor favour. Treat the rich and the poor alike with love and kindness.
Do you have the loving heart of a leader? BE A GOOD LEADER!
Oh Lord God, help me to be a good leader henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Beautiful Saturday!