Friday 25th June 2021 Devotion
Scripture:- Matthew 10:1-30
Topic:- Qualities Of A Good Mentor
Text:- Matthew 10:24
Do you have a mentor? If no please get one. These are the qualities of a good Mentor. Below is the Sum Total of what Mentoring entails:
1. The Greatest Act of Leadership Is mentoring.
2. If what you learn, achieve, accumulate or accomplish dies with you then you are a generational failure.
3. Mentoring is the manifestation of the highest level of personal maturity, security, and self-confidence.
4. An insecure person will never train people. He will oppress people.
5. Mature people create people greater than themselves.
6. Your assignment has a shelf life.
7. You will die one day; so train your replacement.
8. Your greatest gift to the world is your mentee.
9. True leaders do not seek followers. Followers are attracted to true leaders.
10. The Greatest obligation of true leadership is to transfer your deposit to the next generation.
11. Leadership success is measured by the success of their successors.
12. No matter how great you may have been, if you didn’t produce a successor, you are a failure.
13. You preserve what you built through mentorship.
14. Legacy is about preserving all that you’ve built by raising other people.
15. Success without a successor is a failure.
16. Leadership that serves only its generation is destined to fail.
17. If your vision dies with you, you have failed.
18. Legacy is about living beyond your grave.
19. Leadership Is not a sprint but a relay.
20. The most important part of a relay is to successfully pass the baton on, not running.
21. The ultimate measure of true leadership is not to maintain followers but to produce leaders.
22. True leadership measures its success by the diminishing dependency factor of its followers.
23. The ultimate measure of leadership is the ability to delegate tasks but not responsibilities.
24. True leadership makes itself increasingly unnecessary.
25. You are a successful leader when your followers can lead others.
26. Your goal as a leader is to destroy the dependency of the people around you.
27. You are a great leader when your people don’t need you.
28. Make people greater than you and you will live forever.
29. True leaders do not seek power; they rather seek to empower others.
30. Never confuse your position with your value.
31. The ultimate goal of true leadership is not to maintain followers but to produce leaders.
32. The first act of a true leader is identifying your replacement and you begin to mentor them.
33. You become great by producing people greater than yourself.
34. When you produce someone greater than yourself, don’t get jealous.
35. When you train your replacement, you are free to expand your work.
36. When you mentor people, your legacy will make your tombstone unnecessary.
Oh Lord God, help me to be a better mentor by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.