Saturday 8th September Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:– 1 Kings 3:16-28
Topic:- Understand People Before Jumping Into Conclusion
Text:- Matthew 7:1
A lovely little girl was holding two apples with both hands.
Her mum came in and softly asked her little daughter with a smile; my sweetie, could you give your mum one of your two apples?
The girl looked up at her mum for some seconds, then she suddenly took a quick bite on one apple, and then quickly on the other.
The mum felt the smile on her face freeze. She tried hard not to reveal her disappointment.
Then the little girl handed one of her bitten apples to her mum, and said: mummy, here you are. This is the sweeter one.
1. No matter who you are, how experienced you are, and how knowledgeable you think you are, always delay judgement.
2. Give others the privilege to explain themselves.
3. What you see may not be the reality. Never conclude for others.
4. Which is why we should never only focus on the surface and judge others without understanding them first.
1. Those who like to pay the bill, do so not because they are loaded but because they value friendship above money.
2. Those who take the initiative at work, do so not because they are stupid but because they understand the concept of responsibility.
3. Those who apologize first after a fight, do so not because they are wrong but because they value the people around them.
4. Those who are willing to help you, do so not because they owe you any thing but because they see you as a true friend.
5. Those who often text you, do so not because they have nothing better to do but because you are in their heart.
6. Those who take out time to chat with you, do not mean they are jobless or less busy, but they know the importance of keeping in touch.
7. One day, all of us will get separated from each other; we will miss our conversations of everything & nothing; the dreams that we had.
8. Days will pass by, months, years, until this contact becomes rare… One day our children will see our pictures and ask ‘Who are these people?’ And we will smile with invisible tears because a heart is touched with a strong word and you will say: ‘IT WAS THEM THAT I HAD THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE WITH’.
1. Oh Lord God! Forgive me for my wrong actions, judgement and accusations passed on others, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God my God, give me spirit of wisdom and understanding henceforth like Solomon, in other to know and understand people henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ .
3. I command power over self, and to think rightly, I possess them by fire henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Blessed Saturday!