Wednesday 14th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 24
Topic:- The King Of Glory
Text:- 2 Samuel 6:15
The King of glory is described as the Lord that is strong i.e. strongest. The Lord that is mighty i.e. The Mighty or the Almighty. He is also described as the Mighty Lord in battle i.e. The owner of all battles. He is also described as the Lord of Hosts i.e. Leader of all hosts. These are what makes the King of glory.
A. The origin of Psalm 24:7-10 can be found when David requested for the Ark of the Lord to be brought into his city [Jerusalem]:
1. Before then the Ark was seen as the presence of God fighting the Israelites’ battle, 1 Samuel 4.
2. The Ark of the Lord was captured and stolen by the Philistines but later disgraced the gods of the Philistines, and also destroyed them mightily, I Samuel 5.
3. The ark was later returned to the Israelites and kept in the house of Abinadab, I Samuel 6-7:2.
4. This made David to request for the Ark of the Lord after about 25 years later, II Samuel 6.
5. It was here we saw the King of glory which is also referred to as the Ark of the Lord, that demonstrated His glory in three mysterious ways:
a. Uzzah, one of the sons of Abinadab mistakenly touched the Ark and died there instantly when the Ark of the Lord was transported wrongly, 2 Samuel 6:3-7.
b. Again, the entire family of Obed-Edom’s fortune changed dramatically from poverty to prosperity in place of expected death for a period of three months, 2 Samuel 6:8-12.
c. David was despised by Michal his wife, [Saul’s daughter], when he danced and rejoiced greatly, that the Ark of the Lord entered his city, she was made barren for life, I Samuel 6:15-16, 20-23.
B. Also, the King of Glory was seen when Christ went to report back to God of His successful ministry on earth. See John 20:11-17
C. The King Of Glory will appear whenever He is knocking on the door to enter into your heart. See Revelation 3:20.
The king of glory is ready to silence your enemies, give you victory in all your battles and challenges you are facing in life and change them with prosperity and marvelous testimony, as you wait on Him and trust Him.
1. I invite the King Of Glory into my life and manifest continually henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh King Of Glory! Fight all my battle, war and challenges for greater victory henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh King Of Glory! Give me success and bigger testimony henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Glorious Mid-Week!