Monday 22nd July 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Colossians 3:9-17
Topic:- Stirring Up Ourselves To Do Good Works 
Text:- Hebrews 10:12
A. Reasons To Stir Up Ourselves To Do Good Works:
1. A Story: A man was asked to paint a boat. He brought with him paint and brushes and began to paint the boat a bright red, as the owner asked him. While painting, he noticed that there was a small hole in the hull, and quietly repaired it. When finished painting, he received his money and left.
The next day, the owner of the boat came to the painter and presented him with a nice cheque, much higher than the payment for painting. The painter was surprised and said “You’ve already paid me for painting the boat Sir!”
“But this is not for the paint job. It’s for having repaired the hole in the boat.” “Ah! But it was such a small service… certainly it’s not worth paying me such a high amount for something so insignificant.”
“My dear friend, you do not understand. Let me tell you what happened. When I asked you to paint the boat, I forgot to mention about the hole. When the boat dried, my kids took the boat and went on a fishing trip. They did not know that there was a hole. I was not at home at that time. When I returned and noticed they had taken the boat, I was desperate because I remembered that the boat had a hole. Imagine my relief and joy when I saw them returning from fishing. Then, I examined the boat and found that you had repaired the hole! You see, now, what you did? You saved the life of my children! I do not have enough money to pay your ‘small’ good deed.”
So, no matter who, when or how. Just continue to help, sustain, wipe tears, listen attentively and carefully repair all the ‘leaks’ you find, because you never know when one is in need of us or when God holds a pleasant surprise for us to be helpful and important to someone. You may have repaired numerous ‘boat holes’ along the way… of several people without realizing how many lives you’ve saved. So Keep up good work, and stirred up doing good works!
2. People are giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrine of the devils. See 1 Timothy 4:1; 1 Peter 3:1-4.
3. Love is been wax cold – as one of the signs of the end time – we need to watch. See Matthew 24:12; 2 Timothy 3:1-7.
4. Another story: A lady worked at a meat distribution factory. One day, when she finished with her work schedule, she went into the meat cold room (Freezer) to inspect something. But in a moment of misfortune, the door closed and she was locked inside with no help in sight. Although she screamed and knocked with all her might, her cries went unheard as no one could hear her. Most of the workers had already gone, and outside the cold room it’s impossible to hear what was going on inside.
Five hours later, whilst she was at the verge of death, the security guard of the factory eventually opened the door. She was miraculously saved from dying that day. When she later asked the security guard how he had come to open the door, which wasn’t his usual work routine?
This was his explanation: “I’ve been working in this factory for 35 years. Hundreds of workers come in and out every day, but you’re one of the few who greet me in the morning and say goodbye to me every evening when leaving after work. Many treat me as if I’m invisible. Today, as you reported for work, like all other days, you greeted me in your simple manner ‘Hello’. But this evening after working hours, I curiously observed that I had not heard your, “Bye, see you tomorrow.” Hence, I decided to check around the factory. I look forward to your ‘hi’ and ‘bye’ every day because they remind me that I am someone. By not hearing your farewell today, I knew something had happened. That’s why I was searching everywhere for you.”
5. Negative circumstances within the Christian fold is discouraging. See Hebrews 12:2; Romans 8:35-37.
1. Oh Lord God, remold me to Your perfect man You intended me to be henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, give me power and grace to be stirring up people to do good always henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, help me never to be weary in doing good henceforth, and never allowed me to miss my rewards in heaven at the end of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Monday! www.timogundelejesu.com