Sunday 26th July 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Judges 16
Topic:- Your Hair Will Grow Again
Text:- Judges 16:22
Song:- Don’t give up, is not over. When you give up, then is over. Hold on to the Lord, and trouble not your heart. Even when you fail, it’s not over.
- Samson was not a Jewish “green giant.” He was no gullible Goliath. He was no retarded Hercules, nor was he an overweight Romeo.
The truth is Samson was one of the great spiritual giants of the Bible. No wine nor strong drink ever entered into his mouth.
He belonged to the most consecrated group, the Nazarites. Of him it is said, “The Spirit of the Lord came upon him,” more than of any other man in the Old Testament. He was brilliant.
He thought of the idea once of tying the tails of 300 foxes together. He set them on fire and let them loose in the grain fields of the Philistines.
He was strong. He once took the jawbone of a donkey and slew 1000 men. He was a great leader. He ruled Israel as a Judge for 20 years.
Yet, sad to say, he fell into sin. He lost his hair and his power. The Philistines put him on exhibit at a great festival and public sacrifice to Dagon, their pagan god. The great temple of Dagon was filled to capacity and 3000 were on the roof.
They gouged out the eyes of Samson, bound him and made him grind at the mill. Picture Samson going round and round at the mill.
Suddenly he feels the top of his head. With complete shock and delight, he becomes aware that his hair is growing again.
He begins to feel stronger. The load seems lighter. Though his eyes will never see again, his hair can grow again, his strength can return and his power can come back to him.
He will never be the Samson he once was but God can use him again. He is weak now, but he will fight again. Samson felt his hair was growing again. He cried and prayed for one last victory. The hair does grow. The power does returned.
The time comes when he asks a lad to lead him to the two middle pillars of the heathen temple. He gives one last prayer to God and he asserts one last lunge. He drags the pillars; the roof falls and all the people are killed.
The gushing wells may be stopped for a season, but soon the living water will gush through again. The beautiful tree in the forest will lose its leaves, but when spring returns, it will begin to bud. Your own hair can grow too.
- There are many in the Bible who were down but God lifted them up because their hairs grew again. One of the son’s of Prophet wives that came to Elisha for her debt to be met. See 2 Kings 4:1-7.
- Job lost glory was restored. See Job 42.
- Lazarus too witnessed his hair grew as he was raised back from death. See John 11.
- The story of a lady who was a prostitute, and got her womb removed.
Note : You who was a Teacher of the Word but lost the power? Feel the top of your head. The hair may be beginning to grow again.
You who was a Soul Winner but has drifted from God? God can use you again.
You who was really anointed for God’s uses but now is on the shelf? Maybe your hair is beginning to grow again.
You may be on your sick bed, rise up, your hair is growing again, and enjoy your victories.
You may have been retrenched, dont give up, your hair is growing again, take back your captivity.
You have been looking for good work, look up, your hair will grow again.
You might have lost your beloved ones, no, your joy is now, your hair is growing again.
I might not be able to mention your predicament, don’t give up, your hair is growing again.
- I regain all my lost glory now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every power trying to rebuild the habitation of past life, be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I seal my victory over all destiny destroyer now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!