Wednesday 30th October 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Genesis 22:1-19
Topic:- Your Faithfulness Will Be Tested
Text:- Genesis 22:1
Several years ago, a preacher from out-of-state accepted a call to a Church in town. Some weeks after he arrived, he had an occasion to ride a bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change.
As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, “You’d better give the quarter back, it would be wrong to keep it.” Then he thought again, “Oh, forget it, it’s only a quarter, who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a ‘gift from God,’ and keep quiet.”
When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door. He then handed the quarter to the driver and said, “Here, you gave me too much change.” the driver, with a smile, replied, “Aren’t you the new Preacher in town?” “Yes,” he replied. “Well, I have been thinking a lot lately about going somewhere to worship. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change. I’ll see you at Church later.
When the Preacher stepped off of the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, held on. He said, “Oh God, I almost sold Your Son for a quarter.”
That is similar to the case of Abraham who was tested to sacrifice his son by God. As God never tempt people but can test them to see their faithfulness in Him. Abraham passed the test and was blessed afterward, even to his generation to come. See Genesis 22:16-18.
The lesson in those story and that of Abraham is that, our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read. Those are really scary examples of how much people watch us as Christians, and will put us to the test!
We should always be on guard and remember, “We carry the name of Christ on our shoulders when we call ourselves Christians.
1. Oh Lord my God! Help me, in my testing time to make it, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command every power militating against me to fall, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every temptation the devil is using on me to destroy my testimony, I refuse to give in, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord my God! Promote me and bless me after you might have tested me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I have determined never to backslide, help me to stay put with You forever, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Mid-Week! www.timogundelejesu.com