SATURDAY 12TH MAY, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:– MARK 7:31-37
TOPIC:– YOUR DEAFNESS, BE OPENED!
TEXT:- ISAIAH 29:18
Deafness in Hebrew is called cheresh; kophos. Which in the physical sense, or figuratively as expressing unwillingness to hear the Divine message, [Psalms 58:4], or incapacity to understand it for want of spirituality, [Psalms 38:13].
The prophetic utterances were sufficiently forcible to compel even such to hear, [Isaiah 42:18; 43:8], and thereby to receive the Divine mercy, Isaiah 35:5.
In New Testament times, deafness and kindred defects were attributed to evil spirits. See Mark 9:18. That erroneous idea probably arose from the absence of external ears.
Physical deafness was regarded as a judgment from God [Exodus 4:11; Micah 7:16], and it was consequently impious to curse the deaf, Leviticus 19:14.
The signification of the deaf, is those who do not perceive what truth is, and consequently do not obey; thus abstractedly, no perception of truth, and consequently no obedience.
That the deaf have this signification is because hearing corresponds both to perception and to obedience, [to perception because what is heard is inwardly perceived; and to obedience because it is thence known what ought to be done].
Healing The Deaf And Dumb Man In Mark 7:31-37, [Our Main Focused]:
1. Still with the Gentiles. He has been for several months. Some think that the trip from Tyre through Sidon lasted about eight months as he ministered to the Gentiles in that area.
2. Jesus with the multitudes, and the term used means “deaf/stammerer” [Stop and think about what it would be like to have the condition of the person being healed].
3. Jesus with the man in privately. They want him to lay hands on him, but He does it a different way. [He touches the ears and then touches his tongue-spits and then touches the tongue of the other]. Perhaps this is a way of communicating visually with the man what He was about to do.
4. It is the command which heals not the power of the saliva. The most repeated method of healing in the miracles is the “WORD” of God.
5. The miracle, a complete healing. All of the miracles are complete healings except one which is accomplished in two steps for teaching purposes.
6. Jesus with the multitudes, but He requested that they tells not to tell anyone. [Perhaps to keep the multitudes from looking for a miracle worker. He was looking less for a following than for people of faith to follow]. We like crowds [quantity]. While Jesus likes quality.
7. Their response is based on astonishment but not salvation. He has the ability to heal all manner of disease and proves himself to be the Messiah. The miracle work of Messiah among the Jews is now available among the Gentiles.
8. I should not dictate to Jesus his methods of operation. The work of Christ reflects the character of God. “He does everything well.”
1. I command you the spirit of deafness in me, come out by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. O Lord God, open my spiritual ear to hear beyond the physical, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. O Lord God, heal my physical ear problem now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Beautiful Saturday!