Monday 12th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Exodus 33:1-23
Topic:- You Still Have 2nd Chance
Text:- Jude 9
A proverb says “Opportunity comes but once”. While another one says, “Once an opportunity is lost, it can never be regained”. As much as I believe in these proverbs, if we are to look at them from different angles, I mean in the angle of today’s topic, then, it is faulty. Today we will consider many chances that God gave Moses when he was alive.
1. It is believed that Moses was born miraculously i.e. born when other male children were being murdered in Egypt. He was protected miraculously by the daughter of the same King who made the law to kill all children. He was also raised and trained in the palace of the king while other children had lost their lives. See Exodus 1:22-2:10.
2. That was his first and best chance but soon, he lost it. He even went to the extent of becoming a murderer in the process. And if not for God’s intervention, he would have lost his life. See Exodus 2:11-15.
3. Although he became a murderer, God gave him a second chance, trained him again in Midian country. He got married and went through another university.
4. While he was there God miraculously appeared to him and changed him. He gave him mantle to lead which he was trying to be before. See Exodus 2:16-4:31.
5. He was commissioned to lead, and to act like King and God, Exodus 4:16, 20; 7:1. He even saw God which was forbidden by God to man, Exodus 33:11-23; 34:28-35.
6. But soonest, he lost this change by being forbidden to enter Canaan land which he labored for, for over 40 years. See Number 20:1-12; Deuteronomy 48-52.
7. This could have prevented him from entering into heavenly Canaan if not for God’s intervention by sending Angel Michael to rescue his corpse from Devil, Jude 9. This I called the last chance to Moses for he was given the opportunity of entering Jerusalem, Matthew 17:1-4.
God is God of second chance, even many chance as it deem fit. You might have blown off your chance. Maybe you have not even given your life to Jesus, invite Him to be your Lord and Saviour today. He will save you and give you another chance, John 3:11.
I don’t know what you are passing through in your life, or wherever you may be, God can still give you second chance. Just call on Him, He will answer you, I Peter 5:7.
You might have gotten many chances but many times too, you have failed God. He is still waiting to turn your life around. You just confess your failure to Him, amend your ways and ask Him for better chance. He is waiting to receive you and give you refreshing time and a better chance, Acts 3:19.
1. Whatever chance that comes my way henceforth, oh God, let me shine therein, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh God of second chance, give me another chance to make it in life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. This is my time to make it to the top, any hindrance on my way, give way, in the name of Jesus Christ.