Friday 5th July 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 17:1-24
Topic:- You Must Be A Man Of Your Words, Faith And Prayer
Text:- 1 Kings 17:1
A. Characteristics of Man of his words:
1. Not eloquent in nature.
Note: a. Moses in Exodus 4:10. b. Jeremiah 1:6.
2. Not a man of double tongue. See Psalm 101:7.
3. Not a man of sharp tongue. See Proverbs 12:18-19.
4. Not a wavering/swinging man but always stable in thought, speech and disposition. See James 1:6-7.
5. Always waiting for God’s directive before speaking. See Isaiah 6:6.
6. He regards his word more than anything his life.
7. They carry special words in their mouth. See Jeremiah 1:9.
8. Their words always short, direct, powerful and straight to the point. See Elijah in 1 Kings 17:1.
9. The man of honour & integrity.
B. The Man of Faith:
1. Always a man of courage. E.g. Elijah.
2. Always available for the Lord. See Daniel 11:32.
3. A man of strong decision. E.g. The 3 Hebrews in Daniel 3.
4. A man of deeper Vision and Revelation. Note Joseph in Genesis 37.
5. A man of positive thinking i.e. no impossibility in their dictionaries. See Abraham in Genesis 21.
6. The man of good report. See Hebrews 11: 2.
C. The Man of Prayer Is:
1. The man of fire e.g. Elijah in 1 Kings 18:36-38.
2. The man of authority.
3. The man with Eagle’s Strength. See Isaiah 40:31
4. The man of greater vision.
5. The man of greater result and solution.
6. The man of courage and strong mind.
7. The man of Christian living and character of holiness.
8. A faithful man. See James 5:11.
1. Oh Lord God, anoint my tongue for Your Words in my mouth to come to pass henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I lose myself from the spirit of talkativeness and double tongue henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, anoint me specially with Your fire so as to become a powerful man of prayer and a man of great faith in You henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Weekend! www.timogundelejesu.com