FRIDAY 3RD AUGUST 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- JOHN 11:38-44
TOPIC:- YOU ARE COMING OUT ALIVE FROM YOUR GRAVE
TEXT:- JOB 14:7
For you to have a better understanding and assurance that you are coming out alive from your grave, the following people that witnessed and experienced same, shall be discussed forthwith:
1. Widow of Zarephath’s son was raised by Elijah: Elijah was a great prophet. He was sent by God to the widow of Zarephath. Elijah told the widow, who was running out of flour and oil, that God would provide for her and her son. God miraculously replenished the flour and oil in her containers, so she could provide for herself, her son and Elijah. But then, her son got sick and died later. Elijah went up to the boy’s room in the loft. He laid himself over the boy’s body three times and then prayed that God would allow the boy’s soul to come back into him. The boy was raised from the dead. See 1 kings 17:17-24
2. Shunamite’s son was raised by Elisha: Elisha stayed in Shunem with a woman and her husband whenever he passed through their town. In fact, the couple built an extra room in their house for Elisha to use. Elisha wanted to give the woman something for her hospitality. He promised she would have a son in a year’s time. She did have a son. One day, the son was harvesting with his father, he got a terrible headache, so, the dad sent him home. The mother held the boy in her arms, but he died. The woman put the boy on Elisha’s bed and went to get Elisha. When Elisha arrived, he prayed, and laid himself over the boy’s body twice, and the boy came back to life. See 2 Kings 4:20-37.
3. Man tossed into Elisha’s tomb was raised by God’s spirit: people were about to bury a man, but when they saw a band of raiders coming, they simply threw the dead man’s body into Elisha’s tomb. The Bible says when the corpse touched Elisha’s bones, that he revived. See 2 Kings 13:20-21.
4. Widow of Nain’s son was raised by Jesus: Jesus stopped a funeral procession as they were carrying the casket to the cemetery. Jesus had compassion on the weeping mother. He told her to stop crying. And later raised her son from the dead. See Luke 7:11-16.
5. Synagogue ruler Jairus’ 12 year old daughter was raised by Jesus: Jairus asked Jesus to come and heal his dying daughter. By the time Jesus arrived she had already died. Jesus sent the mourners out, but took the girl’s parents and Peter, James and John into the room where the dead girl lay. He said, “little girl, get up.” and she did. See Mark 5:35-43.
6. Lazarus was raised by Jesus: Lazarus had been in the grave four days when Jesus approached his tomb. Jesus asked the people to take away the stone. Then Jesus called out, “Lazarus, come forth.” Lazarus came out, still wrapped in the strips of cloth. People had to help him out of them. See John 11:1-44.
7. Tabitha also known as Dorcas was raised by Peter: Tabitha was a seamstress who did many good deeds. She got sick and died. Since Peter was in a nearby town, they asked him to come. Peter had everyone leave the room where Tabitha lay. He knelt down and prayed and then he said to the body, “Tabitha, arise.” she opened her eyes and then sat up. See Acts 9:36-41.
I’m declaring to you that, the grave is not for you or where you should be now. I declare to you that, death is not your portion, neither will you die prematurely. But as God raised those of old and the lives, you will fulfill your days on earth gloriously, in the name of Jesus Christ!
Jesus resurrected, so that we might not be in the grave again. So, why not arise and stop accepting defeat from the devil. Take action on those dreams of death, and also, as you may be seeing yourself struggling with death!
1. I declare, I am coming out from the grave where the devil put me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command every grave and coffin prepared for me, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command all my virtue and glory that had been buried, be exhumed and locate me now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.