Friday 16th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Acts 16:16-40
Topic:- Wrong Identity
Text:- Genesis 39:9
Wrong identify is your real self being misunderstood, having wrong perception or giving you name. You are portrayed in a bad way differently from your normal living or self. That is, you are blackmailed with the intension of destroying you or to terminate your life or destiny.
There are examples like:
1. Joseph in which his siblings nearly terminated his life just because of his dream of being greater than them. And also his master’s wife i.e. Potiphar’s wife lied against him because he refused to sin unto God and to destroy his own future where later, he was imprisoned. But glory be to God, in every attempt to destroy him, God saw him through and got to his desired dreamt destiny. See Genesis 37:39; Genesis 40-41.
2. There was also wrong identity against the Apostles when the Holy Spirit came upon them mightily on the day of Pentecost. People around them termed them to be drunkard until it was later proved to be wrong identity. See Acts 2.
3. There were many times that Apostle Paul was mis-identified. There was a time when God used him to deliver a girl with demonic spirit, and was punished and imprisoned, in which it was later proved to be wrong identity. See Acts 16.
4. Another time was when Paul was counted to be a prisoner after preaching until God saved him, or else he would have been destroyed and his life terminated. See Acts 27,
5. It will not be complete if we fail to mention the wrong identity of Apostle Paul when he escaped on a voyage that would have terminated his life. He was later called a murderer. If not that God was with him, he would have died in the process. But God changed his blackmail that it was a mistaken identity. See Acts 28:1-6.
You too might have been mistakenly identified. It is not an end to your life. If God can see those people through, you too are coming out gloriously with shining star.
Peradventure, what you have been nicknamed is true, you have done what they are saying. That doesn’t mean you can’t change. Repent and change. It will lead to your promotion later. See John 8:1-11.
Even if your identity is mistaken/blackmail, and you are passing through hard time, you can still make it like Jabez. See I Chronicles 4:9-10.
In all, wait on Christ to remove the stigma or the blackmail like Jacob being changed to Israel, See Genesis 32:22-32. It will lead to your promotions.
1. I command whatever stigma I have been labeled with, be erased by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command all my accusers, be disgraced henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh God! That which You have destined for me, I advance there now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.