SRIPTURE READING:- JUDGES 6:36-40
TOPIC:- WHY MORNING DEW?
TEXT:- 1 KINGS 17:1
A. The Meaning Of The Dew:
1. Arcus Dictionary called dew as water that has condensed on a cool surface overnight from water vapor in the air.
2. King James Dictionary called dew as the water or moisture collected or deposited on or near the surface of the earth, during the night, by the escape of the heat which held the water in solution.
3. Easton’s Bible Dictionary explained it better that there is no dew properly so called in Palestine, for there is no moisture in the hot summer air to be chilled into dew-drops by the coldness of the night.
From May till October rain is unknown, the sun shining with unclouded brightness day after day. The heat becomes intense, the ground hard, and vegetation would perish but for the moist west winds that come each night from the sea. The bright skies cause the heat of the day to radiate very quickly into space, so that the nights are as cold as the day is the reverse.
To this coldness of the night air the indispensable watering of all plant-life is due. The winds, loaded with moisture, are robbed of it as they pass over the land, the cold air condensing it into drops of water, which fall in a gracious rain of mist on every thirsty blade.
In the morning the fog thus created rests like a sea over the plains, and far up the sides of the hills, which raise their heads above it like so many islands. At sunrise, however, the scene speedily changes. By the kindling light the mist is transformed into vast snow-white clouds, which presently break into separate masses and rise up the mountain-sides, to disappear in the blue above, dissipated by the increasing heat. See Genesis 31:40.
B. Why Dew Have To Be In The Morning:
1. Time to wake up into reality.
2. In the night is for the evil one.
3. Dew only come early everyday unlike rain.
4. See Psalm 30:5b.
5. Example, The woman with the issue of blood of twelve years in Matthew 9:20-22; Mark 5:25-34; Luke 8:43-48.
a. She is declared unholy and to be deserted, [Leviticus 12; 15:19-33].
b. She spent all her livelihood on the sickness.
c. Her sickness grew worsened.
d. She came behind to touch for healing not to contaminate nor harm.
e. She was healed because of her faith.
f. She wanted to hide her miracle.
g. Jesus perfected her healing through her confession and faith.
C. Prayer Points:
a. Oh God, I am tired of my present conditions, change it now by fire.
b. Oh God, rain Your heavenly dew on me now by fire.
c. My Father, my Father, I need my own morning dew now by fire.