MONDAY 6TH AUGUST 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- MARK 4:35-41
TOPIC:- WHY JESUS SLEPT
TEXT:- MARK 4:38
The following seven (7) points are the suggested reasons Jesus (our Lord, who never slumber nor sleep, Psalm 121:4 took time to sleep:
1. He was human when on earth: when the Lord Jesus was on the earth, He was complete human being just as you and I. That was why He slept. And the reason that happened to Him is for Him to feel the same way we are, so as to anoint us specially for change. See Psalm 103:14.
2. So that devil can do his worst: whatever worst situation you are passing through from the devil and your enemies, it is for the best situation from Jesus Christ to anoint you for change. See 1Corinthians 10:13.
3. An opportunity for devil to kill Jesus: devil was looking for means and a day to terminate the life of Jesus. Even when He was a child, he made Herod to do that, (Matthew 2:1-21). I declare, you will not die prematurely. See Psalms 118:17; Ecclesiastes 3:1
4. Devil wanted the disciples to be afraid and their faith to die in them: no wonder, Jesus had to rebuke them for being fearful. See Mark 11:22-24
5. For the disciples to know that Jesus is the all powerful and the creator: no wonder, the wind obeyed Him, and his disciples were amazed. As Jesus will anoint you by fire, you will testify. See Psalm 100:3.
6. He was training the disciples on how to rebuke the wind/storm of life: Jesus will not stay with them physically forever. Thereby showing them how to go about such situation in future. See Matthew 17:17.
7. Jesus was telling them and us too that He is always with us every time. See Matthew 28:20.
1. I command every opportunity devil is using to gain access into my life and family, expire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command every spirit and power of fear, that is operating in my life, catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I believe you are always with me oh Lord God, turn me now to your fire against my enemies, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Beautiful Monday!