Wednesday 12th August 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Luke 12:1-10
Topic:- What Will Make You Miss Heaven
Text:- Luke 12:10
Sin like you know is the path to hell. When you are free from sins, you are sure of making Heaven but if otherwise, hell is the destination.
As Christians, we strive day and an night to ensure that we win souls for Christ but how will it sound if Mr. A brought Mr. B to God, Mr. B made Heaven while Mr. A made hell? It will be the worst thing that can ever happen to any man on this journey of life.
This is why we need to be very careful with our life so that we don’t miss Heaven at last. What will make a man miss Heaven like i said before is Sin.
Sin is a 3 letter word but more dangerous than the longest word in the world. Jesus Christ made it easy for us by coming to die for our sins but that doesn’t mean we are now sinless.
Even Jesus Christ Himself said no one is Holy, except God in Heaven. This is an indication that sin is inevitable but we must fight to over come it.
There are sins that are forgivable and there are others that can not be forgiven. When you sin against man and God, those sins are forgivable but only if you confess with your mouth. When you confess such sins, you are going to be forgiven. See Romans 10:10.
On the other hand, no matter how you confess your sins when you commit the unforgivable one, you can never be forgiven. What are unforgivable sins?
A. In Christian hamartiology, unforgivable sins are refered in different terms:
- Eternal sins.
- Ultimate sins.
- Unpardornable sins.
- Unforgivable sins.
They all mean sins that are not forgivable. When a sin is unforgivable, it better for whoever that commits it not to have been born in the first place.
B. Which sins are called the unforgivable sins?
- To answer this question we need to dig the facts from the Holy Bible. Let us start from The book of Luke 12:10 says, “And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.”
- Next is the book of Matthew 12:31-32; Mark 3: 28-29.
C. What exactly is the Bible trying to say? There are sins that when you commit them, they are against the Holy Spirit. Such sins includes:
- Condemnation of Salvation: When a believer condemns his or her faith in Christ, he or she has sinned against the Holy Spirit. The condemnation in this case is just like turning your back at your faith claiming that you are lost already. That is personal judgement. When you conclude that you are made for hell fire and not heaven and give your soul to the devil, that is a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which is not forgivable.
- Denying God at a critical time is a sin against the Holy Spirit: Let us say you came accross other Religions who are against Christianity and they told you that the only way they can let you go, is if you can deny Jesus Christ. If you dare to deny Jesus because of Earthly death, you have committed eternal sin which makes you dead forever even if they spare you.
- When you attribute the work of the Holy Spirit to the devil, you have committed sin against the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is the Healer and the controller of miracles so if a man of God perform miracles in the name of the Holy Spirit and you accuse Him of using charm, you have attributed those miracles to the devil which is against the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, dear brethren, in your daily affairs on this planet Earth, never you attempt to sin against the Holy Spirit. The world is a market place, therefore, as we came so we shall go. The ultimate thing is making heaven.
Prayer Point:- I command that no forces on this earth will ever push me to commit any sin against the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ.