Sunday 16th June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 19:1-10
Topic:- Variety Of Life Lesson On Fear
Text:- John 14:1
Prayers this prayer before we continue, “Teach me to know what I can change oh Lord God; Humble me to know what I cannot; Change and endow me with wisdom on how to manage change.”
A. The Variety Of Life Lesson On:
1. The Leaders.
2. The Follower ship.
3. Leadership Qua-leadership form God’s perspective.
4. It also has a deep touch of the Sovereignty of God in all Human Affairs.
5. A great lesson indeed on Humility.
6. Ability to identify obstacles to achievement of one’s Destiny.
7. Crisis management strategies.
B. I wish to submit that no man is strong in the day of his trouble:
1. So for Elijah being a man of God who hears from God understood all the above. He must have consulted with God on the threat of Jezebel, and took the instruction of God to relocate temporarily for safety rather than for the negative side of fear. See Acts 4:29.
2. This is clearly demonstrated in future events that brought him again face to face with Ahab and the fiery pronouncements from God which he delivered to the king’s family. See 1 King 21:17-29.
3. The operating environment was densely charged contemplations and confrontations with the authority were very grave. It is instructive to note that Israel was already under tutelary rulership politically and the Priesthood was then in spiritual advisory capacity. See 1 Peter 2:13-17.
4. Arguably, Elijah had concerns for his life like all humans; the ego in his life was cut to size. See 1 King 19:14b,18.
C. God Respects His Position On Leadership And Leaders:
1. Mind how you relate and manage your Leaders…….TACN Doctrine on discussion of the Priests at leisure time in your house……..THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS IS OF ME. See Isaiah 54:17.
2. David took Uriah’s wife; Prophet Nathan’s matured way of managing the judgmental message against Leadership. See 2 Samuel 12:1-14.
3. Aaron/Mariam and rebellion against Moses. See Numbers 12:1-16.
D. Sovereignty Of God:
1. Elijah’s relocation rather than calling fire to consume Jezebel but rather fire consumed 152 Soldiers. See 2 Kings 1:10-12.
2. Apostle Paul’s wish for healing ungranted ….My grace is sufficient for you. 2 Corinthians 12:9.
E. Victory Assured:
1. Realize that challenges are natural, fear not, you shall overcome them…..many are the afflictions of the righteous……. See Psalm 34:9-21.
1. You spirit of fear, what are you waiting for in my life, disappear by fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I refuse to give in to fear, you fear, die by fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!