Friday 26th October 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Title:- Morning Rain
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 133
Topic:- Unity Is A Must
Text:- Acts 2:1
A. Meaning Of Unity In The Dictionaries:
1. In the Cambridge English Dictionary says, is being together or at one with someone or something. It’s the opposite of being divided. This is a word for togetherness or oneness.
Sports teams wear uniforms to show unity, and their fans wear team colors for the same reason.
Unity is the state of different areas or groups being joined together to form a single country or organization.the same reason.
Unity is also the quality of having the ideas and examples in a piece.
2. Oxford Dictionaries says, it is the state of being united or joined as a whole, the number one , each of the three dramatic principles.
3. Merriam-Webster says, it is the quality or state of not being multiple I.e. oneness.
4. Longman Dictionary of Contemporary says, it is the state or fact of being united or combined into one, as of the parts of a whole; unification. absence of diversity; unvaried or uniform character. oneness of mind, feeling, etc., as among a number of persons; concord, harmony, or agreement.
B. Two Types Of Unity:
1. Evil Unity – Example of this can be found in Acts 5:1-10. Nothing stop the couple not to be sincere nor be truthful. But they both lied against the Holy Spirit, and thereby died together.
2. Godly Unity – Example of this can be found in Acts 2:1-12. In obedience to Jesus command and warning in Luke 24:49, they all enjoyed the blessings of being in one accord. Demons left people and diverse kinds of healing were perfected. See Acts 5:11-16.
C. Benefits Of Unity:
1. Good things will be experienced. See Psalm 133:1a.
2. Pleasant and surprises will be seen. See Psalm 133:1b.
3. Anointed for people to see. See Psalm 133:2.
4. Morning dew of heaven. See Psalm 133:3a.
5. Manifestation of God’s blessings. See Psalm 133:3c.
6. Availability of God’s life, i.e. Everlasting life. See Psalm 133:3d.
1. I command the spirit of unity and accord, manifest continually henceforth in my life, family and Church, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command you spirit of disunity, what are you waiting for, disappear by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command you spirit of unity like the Trinity, begin to operate in fullness in my life, family and the Church by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God, rain upon me, Your morning rain, in the name of Jesus Christ.