SUNDAY 5TH AUGUST 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- PSALM 103:1-22
TOPIC:- THE WAYS AND ACTS OF GOD
TEXT:- PSALMS 103:7
In Psalm 103, therein we will found that God revealed His ways and His Acts to Moses and the Israelites. See Psalms 103:7.
1. The first revelation is the ways of God, and this was revealed to Moses. What then are God’s ways which He revealed or made known to Moses? If you can remember, God appeared to Moses in a form of fire, burning bush, and the bush was not consumed. That experience alone, changed the entire life of Moses for good. He became born again and was anointed for change. See Exodus 2-3.
So, you too must encounter the same revelation of God’s ways. Note 2 Corinthians 5:17. Great example is that of Paul the Apostle, on his way to Damascus, Acts 9:1-9.
2. The other revelation is the Acts of God, and this was revealed to the Israelites. What is this revelation about? It’s all about the miracles, signs and wonders of God, which we too must experience. Note Psalms 68:19. That was what the Israelites experienced on their way to Cannan land. The most prominent one among them was their passage through the Red Sea. See Exodus 14.
The funniest/mystery of this second revelation is that, it can never land you in heaven. See Matthew 7:13-23.
Great example is that of Judas Iscariot who started with Christ but at the end, committed suicide, Acts 1:15-19.
1. My Father, my Father, my Father! Anoint me specially to have and walk in Your ways henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord my God! I want to know and experience you better than before henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every power monitoring me and everything pertaining to me, crash land and catch fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!