Saturday 15th June 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 18:1-46
Topic:- The Siege Is Over
Text:- 1 Kings 18:1,41
There is a big difference between [PROMISES in 1 Kings 18:1] of stoppage of siege, which it’s the [FEELING and HOPE in 1 Kings 18:41], and [ACTUALIZATION in 1 Kings 18:45]:
1. The only instrument to actualize the stoppage of any siege is PRAYER…….ELIJAH PRAYED BACK……. Real and serious PRAYER. Jesus, Daniel, Paul/Barnabas and Elijah during their wilderness day’s. This is the focus today. We are to P-U-S-H, [Pray Until Something Happens] to have the abundance of refreshing rain. See James 5:16.
2. One can be put under Famine/Siege by a Man of God/Man of Fire because of contravention of God’s commandments. Also, a man of fire who is not a Man of God in his abracadabra can do so. But now the Siege is over. See 1 King 18:1.
a. Jacob put his grandson Manasseh under Siege but God set the record straight. See Genesis 48:13-20.
b. Joshua laid Jericho under Siege/Famine but God through Elisha liberated it. See Joshua 6:26; 2 Kings 2:19-22.
3. All that we need is a higher anointing to destroy all yokes placed on us individually and corporately. The rain is here in abundance.
4. As we pray in the name of Jesus Christ:
a. We has all power in heaven and earth.
b. We made public disgrace/shame satan and his principalities.
c. Because unto Whom all kneels must bow.
5. Looking into 1 King 18:42, in the midst of very serious problem, Ahab went to eat and drink, while the Men of God/Fire went to engage himself in serious PRAYER.
a. Know your challenge and face it squarely with God. We need the earth of lion, doggedness, patient and faith to break the Famine/Siege. And for 7 times, Elijah was still in the harsh prayer position.
b. In the process of lifting of Siege and end Famine, there will always be casualties. Because of the Siege like the Prophet of Baal must be eliminated; Pharaoh and his cohorts must sink.
c. The rain is being brought back to refresh all of us and for our land to yield his fullness.
1. Oh Lord God, give me power to pray and to pray through, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Fire of the Holy Ghost, fall mightily upon me henceforth, so as I pray, unction and action to follows, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, make me a prayer warrior like Elijah henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Saturday!