Friday 23rd August 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 3:16-36
Topic:- The Role Of Youth/Witnesses In Bringing Men Into The Kingdom
Text:- Matthew 24:14
A. Objective Exposition, [Method Jesus Christ used to bring people into the Kingdom of God].
1. He selected few people, consecrated, dedicated and supervised them. See Matthew 4:21; 9:9; Mark 1:19; 2:23; 5:13 Luke 5:27-28; 6:13-19; John 3:16-36; Acts 4:13.
B. Reasons for failures of preaching the gospel:
1. ineffective ways of presenting the gospel.
2. Wrong priorities.
3. Lack of the will to move.
4. Youths are abandoned in most places.
5. Lack of adequate support by the Church.
C. What are those things needed to bring men into the kingdom of God:
1. Regenerated. [You must have experienced real transformation, you must be born again because you can’t give what you don’t have].
2. Baptism of the Holy Spirit. [Without the Holy Spirit, the flesh can do nothing]
3. Work on your Character. [We are epistles to some people].
4. You must be a Disciple; a Disciple is a replica of Christ. [You must learn, be a student, undergo training, experience discipleship].
5. Commitment. [You give N20 as offering and then you expect great projects happening in other Churches where they give N20,000 to happen in our Church].
D. The roles of youths in bringing men into the kingdom of God:
1. You must take your rightful spiritual role.
2. You must witness.
3. Ready to adopt Peter’s model; Share your knowledge, experience then personal evangelism.
4. Use your life as a message for others; let your characters win people for God.
5. Embrace Dorcas’ model; taking care of people in giving.
6. Embrace technology to preach the gospel.
7. Embrace literatures; forum, article writing, poetry, jingles.
8. Understand the scriptures.
Prayer Point:- Oh Lord God, help me to be relevant in the furtherance of the whole gospel henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Weekend! www.timogundelejesu.com