Wednesday 17th October 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 100
Topic:- The Reasons We Praise God 
Text:- Psalm 100:4
As this year 2018 remains 75 days to terminate, you need to understand the way to enter the presence of God and remain there with Him. This will lead us to understand better the book of Psalm 100 as being composed by King David.
A. In this Psalm, 8 ways were given for reasons to praise God, and also to understand the Psalm better were given:
1. It was said there that we praise God because He is God i.e. for being God He needs to be praised, Verse 3a.
2. God needs to be praised because He is the One that created us i.e. He is our Creator and Maker, Verse 3b.
3. It was said therein that no matter who you are, your possessions and power, you are nothing without God, i.e. only useless, a mere clay, Verse 3c.
4. God also needs to be praised because we are His people i.e. we belong entirely to Him, the people of God, Verse 3d.
5. We also praise God because He is our Shepherd, we are His sheep i.e. He is the one directing all our affairs, Verse 3e.
6. We also praise God because He is a good God. He is good to us i.e. He takes care of all our needs and supply them daily, Verse 5a.
7. We praise God too because He shows us mercy always, even if we go astray and come back to Him with repentance. And this mercy is not only once but everlasting , Verse 5b.
8. And lastly, according to this Psalm 100, we praised God because of His truth i.e. salvation, biblical truthful Word, blessings, all are not limited, He is always concern about us every time, so He must be praised.
B. This Psalm 100 gives us also ways to praise God.
David said this are the ways to praise God:
1. God is to be praised with joyful noise i.e. noise that is full of joy in your heart to Him, Verse 1.
2. Another way to praise God is to serve or worship God with gladness and not in sorrowful mood, Verse 2.
3. Also with singing songs to God, Verse 2.
4. Another way to praise God is with thanksgiving i.e. to be appreciative, Verse 4.
a. For you yourself to be thankful i.e. not just to thank Him so as to receive more from Him, [that is certain] but that deep down in you, you are thankful, Verse 4a
b. You become thankful everyday of your life, Verse 4b.
c. You praise him in the way of blessing Him with either your substance or your appreciative mood of talking to Him, Verse 4c.
C. How to enter into His presence:
1. In this Psalm 100, you can enter God’s gates with all the above ways i.e. thanksgiving in your heart to God.
2. Also enter His court or yard with praise, i.e. with those qualities above.
3. You can enter His presence with singing of worship or solemn songs that can thrill Him in which He cannot but resist but to usher you into His presence, Verses 2 and 4.
So, I challenge you that you praise Him, worship Him, and it will surprise you, what God has done and can do for you.
1. I thank you God because you care for me and very good to me always, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I thank you because your truth always gives me strength for my daily living, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I am happy because I can enter freely into Your presence always and demand for anything, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Mid-Week!