Wednesday 24th October 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 19:28-37
Topic:- The Power In The Blood Of Jesus
Text:- John 19:37
What is in the blood? Dictionary says, it is the red liquid that flows through the bodies of human and animals (Advanced Learner’s Dictionary). A bible dictionary call it the circulatory life fluid of the body. While Bible says, it is the life of human being, Genesis 9: 4, 6.
Generally in the Bible, there is a power behind the blood. In Abel’s sacrifice, it was believed to be accepted by God in place of his brother Cain because of the blood sacrifice Abel offered, Genesis 4:25.
Deliverance and protection were demonstrated in the life of the Israelites just because of the power in the blood, Exodus 11-13.
Job too used sacrifice for the protection of his children and cleansing, peradventure they might have sinned. Jesus’ blood took over all sacrifices of Old Testament and became so powerful because the blood is for out total salvation and redemption back to God, Job 1-2.
See all the places Jesus poured His blood:
1. From His head when crowned with thorns which gave us back our headship we lost in the Garden of Eden, Matthew 27:29.
2. He was scourged with many lashes which finally brought blood out of His body so that our healing can be perfected, Isaiah 53:5; I Peter 2:24.
3. His right and left hands were nailed to the cross which also brought out blood, that every evil written against us was erased and blotted off, Colossians 2:14.
4. His legs were nailed also to the cross and blood came out, so that anywhere we are we might live victoriously over the devil and his hosts, Colossians 2:15.
5. His side was pierced so that blood and water gushed out, John 19:34, and this gave us final redemption, Colossians 1:13-14.
The blood of Jesus is still fresh till today to give you power over sin, enemies and devil and to see you to eternity.
1. Oh Lord, because of Your sacrifice of blood for me, I will live a pleasing life henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I declare the blood of Jesus to wash, protect and set me lose completely, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I am sealed with the blood of Jesus till eternity, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God, rain upon me, Your morning rain, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Mid-Week!