Friday 31st August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 16:1-14
Topic:- The Person Of Holy Spirit
Text:- Acts 10:38
The only three places where the Holy Spirit is mentioned in the Old Testament are Psalm 51:11, Isaiah 63:10 & 11. In all the three places, the Holy Spirit was mentioned in connection with God and not in isolation.
The Holy Spirit which is the third Person of the Trinity can manifest in people(s) lives in the following five (5) ways:
1. He can manifest as a Person standing by your side to help you. See John 14:17; Psalm 23:4.
2. He can manifest as a Person living in you to strengthen you. See John 14:17; 20:22; 1John 2:22.
3. He came and manifest His fullness in you by giving you the power to speak in new tongues. See Acts 2:4; 4:31; 6:3; 7:55.
4. He can empower you just as He did to the Lord Jesus Christ, thus giving you the divine enablement to go about manifesting the glory and power of God in your life. See Act 8:10, 44; 10:38; 11:15, 24; 19:6.
5. He can manifest His power in all aspects of your life to the extent that people will see the manifestation and begin to use it as a witness or testimony to others. See Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; Act 11:6.
The Holy Spirit is real. Therefore, allow the Person of the Holy Spirit to be real in your life so that you can do greater exploits than before.
1. Holy Spirit, manifest Yourself unto me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Holy Spirit I want to commune and have fellowship with you, fellowship with me henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Spirit! I know You are real, reveal Yourself to me so as to fall in love with you, and help me to love you, in the name of Jesus Christ.