Friday 30th November 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- The Person Of Holy Spirit
Topic:- John 16:1-14
Text:- Acts 1:8
The only three (3) places Holy Spirit was mentioned in the Old Testament are Psalm 51:11; Isaiah 63:11, 19. And in all these places, all are in connection with God not mentioned as Holy Spirit.
The person of Holy Spirit i.e. the third of the Trinity, He is a person. Note that He can manifest in people’s lives in these five ways:
1. Holy Spirit can manifest as a Person standing with you i.e. He will be as a standby with you to help you. See John 14:17; Psalm 23:4; Matthew 28:19.
2. Holy Spirit can manifest as a Person that is in you. Meaning you ask Him into your life to dwell in you i.e. to strengthen you. This happens after you have received Jesus into your life. See John 14:17; 20:22; I John 2:27.
3. Holy Spirit can manifest as a Person in you in His fullness. Meaning that the time He comes on you and you speak Him out in another language i.e. speaking tongues. See Acts 2:4; 4:31; 6:3; 7:55.
4. Holy Spirit can manifest as a Person upon you. That is when His power is on you that you are going about manifesting His glory and power like the case of Jesus in Acts 10:38. See Acts 8:10, 44:11, 15, 24; 19:6.
5. And also, Holy Spirit can manifest as a Person all over you. Meaning that His manifestation is real in your life for people to definitely witness Him in you. See Matthew 3:11; Mark 1:8; Luke 3:16; Acts 11:16.
Let the Person of Holy Spirit be real in you for greater exploits. The Holy Spirit is real.
1. Holy Spirit as You are real, prove Yourself unto me, and commune with me henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Holy Spirit!l I want to have fellowship with You, fellowship with me henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Spirit, I know You are real, reveal yourself unto me in a new way, and let me fall in love with You henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.