Friday 8th February 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Revelation 20:1-15
Topic:- The Millennium Reign Of Christ 
Text:- Revelation 20:15
C. Millennium Reign Of Christ:-
1. Emphasis will be made here of two great argument by Theologians. The first is the disagreement held by three major views about the millennium namely:
a. Post millennialism: The believe that through the preaching of the Gospel the world will eventually embrace Christianity and become a universal “Society of Saints” in which Christ will be invited to assume command and reign over man’s peaceful planet.
b. Amilleniannlism: The teach that there will be no thousand year reign at all, and that the New Testament Church inherits all the spiritual promises and prophecies of Old Testament Israel.
c. Premillennialism: This teaches that Christ will return just prior to the millennium and will personally rule during this glorious thousand year reign.
2. The second is the disagreement that this 1,000 year reign of Christ, is it literal or figurative?
a. It is figurative because those who held to this belief that we are already in 1000 years reign because of the saying of Jesus that says, “the Kingdom of God is within you already.” See Luke 17:20-21.
b. It is literal because those who held to this belief that since Satan will be bound for the duration of the millennium till the end when he will be loosed to wage war against Christ and the saints of God, and also since Satan is still in operation as at now, then, the millennium is still to come. See Revelation 20:1-3.
D. Proofs Of Jesus Coming Again:-
1. After the fall of man, the fulfillment of God’s Word/Prophecy, all came to pass. See Genesis 3:15.
2. The fulfillment of the first coming of our Lord Jesus Christ to redeem man, came to pass. See Isaiah 9:6.
3. Note, if first coming can be fulfilled, the second coming must be fulfilled as said by the Angelic being. See Acts 1:9-11.
For Example: The raised man during Evangelist Reinhard Bonke’s crusade.
E. Why This Topic Of The Millennium Reign Of Christ:-
1. The story of a smoker who said he will blow the smoke of his cigarette into the face of God during judgement, thereby, God will be so angry, and throw him pass Hell, and will then landed in Heaven. He has forgotten of Revelation 20:11-15.
2. Then let us know that Heaven and Hell is real. See Revelation 20:10-15.
3. For example, John Wesley who saw the vision of heaven, was discourage that it was not Baptist Church he founded on earth he saw but the Redeemed of the Lord.
4. To let us know our position after this world maybe we are ready to meet with our God even before the millennium. See Amos 4:12.
5. Also, to always prepare ready for Him anytime He comes again since nobody knows the time of His coming. See Colossians 3:2.
6. Also for us to get ready for our preparation to be watching and waiting for His coming anytime He comes. See 2 Timothy 4:8; I John 3:2-3; Hebrew 12:14.
7. And lastly, which eternity do you desire to inherit?
a. Hell with the devil? See Revelation 20:10-15.
b. Heaven with Christ? See Revelation 21 and 22.
1. Oh Lord God, help me not to miss Your 2nd coming, never, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, I have determined to follow You henceforth, give me the grace to make it till the end of my life, and to reign with You, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. By the grace of God, I will make the millennium and reign with Jesus Christ, oh Lord my God, help me to be, in the name of Jesus Christ.