Sunday 26th May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Timothy 6:1-21
Topic:- The Man of God, The Contended Man
Text:- 1 Kings 17:7
A discontented, murmuring Man of God cannot be a Man of Fire. He is worse than an infidel because the Bible he claims to believe in, to live by and teach people says, “Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with such things as ye have for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.” See Hebrews 13:5.
This spirit of contentment was seen in Elijah when God directed him to go and hide himself by the Brook of Cherith, that is before Jordan.
God told him to be drinking water and commanded ravens to be feeding him. Here, no shelter and nothing of convenience that he can enjoy but he was contented with the situation and directive of God. See 1 Kings 17:3-4.
It will not be an overstatement when we say that murmurers, complainers and servants of God that are not contented where God place them, are not Christians at all, they are like other sinners awaiting the judgement of God.
1. Oh Lord my God, circumcise my heart and remove the spirit of murmuring and complaining from me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, give me the spirit of contentment in any situation I find myself, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord my God, purify my heart by faith and Your fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh Lord God, give me the grace to retain You in my knowledge, so that I will be able to please You, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, satisfy my heart with good things in every area of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Lord’s Day!