Wednesday 25th December 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Luke 1:26-38
Topic:- The Known And Unknown Mystery Of Jesus Birth
Text:- Luke 1:35
It is worth knowing some notable and remarkable mystery, and also miracles that surrounded the birth of Jesus as to realize that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the only Hope of the entire world.
1. The appearance of the Angel Gabriel that brought favour, [although to Mary, she was called the highly favoured one] to mankind. See Luke 1:28.
2. The miraculous pregnancy of Mary without the meeting of a man. And also that of Elizabeth, an old woman. See Luke 1:7; 34-37.
3. The event of when Mary visited her cousin. Elisabeth. The old woman was filled with Holy Ghost which means that she was anointed. Thus gives us assurance that wherever Jesus is, the Anointing is present. See Luke 1:39-45.
4. Event of the General Census or Registration of everybody world-wide. It was at the instance of the Savior of the World that was to be born. That a Census was promulgated which has a spiritual meaning that everybody must be recorded or registered. See Luke 2:1-5. And note Revelation 20:15.
5. The exact day b.c./a.d. was unknown. Theologians only assume that He was around B.C or around A.D. As people normally know the day and date of their birthday, that of Jesus, no specific day or date known.
6. Assume that He was born during Christmas. It was general concluded that Jesus was born on the Christmas day and that Christmas day should be His generally day of birth and be celebrated as that.
7. Born in the manger. Of all big big places that the King of all kings and Lord of lords, the creator of the universe should have been born, it was now in a manger where sheep, goats and cattle stay that Jesus was born.
8. No medical staffs or the Midwives. I believe it was by herself and Joseph assistance that attended to His delivery.
9. The gifts that were presented to Jesus Christ made us to believe that Jesus Christ is not only the gift to the whole World but also that Christmas and the Boxing day mean giving of gifts to our loved ones. See Matthew 2:1-11.
10. The giving of total and solid protection to Jesus gave us also that we can be protected and be spared from any evil devices of the evil one, at least, Jesus was spared and protected away from the evil King Herod. See Matthew 2:12-16.
Don’t forget, the event of Jesus dedication and presentation in the Temple, when Simeon made some prophetic utterances about Jesus. And also the joy of Anna too that was full. See Luke 2:22-38.
All these and more have made us to believe that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, made us to believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of the entire universe.
Are you still doubting? You better accept the greatest gift to the mankind, so that you too can enjoy all the benefits that surrounded Jesus’ birth.
1. I accept You newly as my Redeemer, Savior and my all in all henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I know You can do better and more than those events of Your birth in my life henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. My Lord and my God, surprise me with an undeniable proof of Your doings in my life henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.