Wednesday 20th February 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Matthew 11:1-15
Topic:- The Greatness And The Fall Of John The Baptist 
Text:- Matthew 11:11
E. Why should the Bible compare him with Elijah, is that not re-incarnation?
1. In Malachi 4:4-6 for the proof of Elijah’s second coming as prophesied by Prophet Malachi.
2. But note Matthew 17:1-13; Luke 1:17 for more details and explanation of the impossibility of Bible for re-incarnation.
F. Explanation of the Teaching through the Text passage:
1. His in-comparison or greater than others. See Matthew 11:11a.
2. His stumble despite his greatness i.e. the least in the heavenly kingdom. See Matthew 11:11b.
G. What to be emulated of John the Baptist:
1. His recognition of Christ as the Savior. See John 1:29-36; 3:28-36.
2. His holy/perfect living. See Matthew 11:7-10.
3. His humility. See Matthew 3:13-15; Luke 3:16.
4. His exalting of Christ only and not self. See John 3:30-31.
5. Never tolerate jealousy/envy. See John 3:22-27; 4:1-2.
H. The stumble of John the Baptist:
1. He has once declared who Jesus was. See John 1:29.
2. He had testified to people about the Lord Jesus. See John 1:35-40.
3. He received revelation from God himself who this Jesus is. See John 1:30-34.
4. He was Jesus’ cousin though older in age than Jesus but John’s mother would have let him know about who this Jesus is. See Luke 1:39-56.
5. Over all and even more of these, he doubted Jesus because of his state of problem/challenges, not like that of his unbelieving father but his own denied and doubted. See Matthew 11:2-3.
1. Emulate the good side of John the Baptist and not his failure, so as to be greater than him in heavenly kingdom. See Matthew 11:11-12.
2. Remember you can begin well and end it woefully. See Matthew 20:16; 1 Corinthians 10:12.
3. I pray that my case will not be like that but that I will end it successfully and best in heavenly kingdom with Christ Jesus. Amen. Is that your own prayer too?
1. Oh Lord God, help me not to end it woefully but to end it best with You henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I declared that my case is to end it best and successfully in heavenly kingdom with Christ forever, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, help me that i may decrease and You may increase henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.