40 DAYS VIGIL WITH PRAYER AND FASTING FROM 29TH APRIL OVER 7TH JUNE, 2020 TITLE “MY GOD IS A CONSUMING FIRE” HEBREWS 12:29.
Day 3: Friday 1st May, 2020.
Scripture:- Proverbs 6:1-32
Topic:- The Fire In Your Bosom
Text:- Proverbs 6:27
The Fire In Your Bosom: We want to consider some of “The Fires of Scripture”, and notice what the Bible has to say about this subject. The fire in your bosom is a devastating fire. See Proverbs 6:27-29, 32.
For a person to engage in fornication or adultery is likened to carrying fire in ones bosom. You cannot engage in such activity without being burned. It is also likened to walking on hot coals; you can’t do it without burning your feet.
Sometimes it will be the fires of human vengeance from an injured party. It will most certainly result in the fire of God’s judgment.
It is not only the sin of fornication and adultery but any sin and every sin is like a fire in your bosom.
Unless your sins are forgiven you will certainly meet God as a “consuming fire” at your judgment. See Romans 3:10,23; Ecclesiastes 7:20.
Please notice that sin is universal. There are no exceptions. “The scripture (the Word of God) hath concluded all under sin.” ALL have sinned. See Galatians 3:22.
A holy God must and will judge every sin in the life of the unbeliever. Because God does not exact immediate judgment, men imagine He never will. But, divine patience, persistently abused, leads to certain judgment. See Romans 2:5.
The expression, “treasurest up unto thyself wrath” is striking, for it pictures the sinner storing away day by day a fresh deposit of wickedness for judgment in a coming day.
The judgment of God, when it finally comes will be a righteous judgment. God will weigh your every sinful thought and deed.
You must change your mind with regard to sins. In true repentance, there is an element of remorse for sins that leads to a definite change of attitude and action.
The Lord Jesus Christ said, “Except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish.” See Luke 13:3.
SIN IS A FIRE IN YOUR BOSOM which will have devastating effects at the judgment seat of Christ”.
1. Everything in my life, my character and my behaviour that wants to send me to hell, what are you waiting for, be consumed by God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Anything I have eaten or swallowed, presently working against my health, be dissolved by God’s consuming fire now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. My body, resist and reject every killer disease, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Any organ in my body performing below expectation, receive the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. I shall not die but live to declare the works of God, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. All arrows of infirmity fired against me, go back to the sender, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Thou power of the wasters, my body is not your candidate, clear away, in the name of Jesus Christ.