Thursday 30th August 2018 Morning Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 19:28-37
Topic:- The Blood Of Jesus
Text:- John 19:2
We be discussing the seven places that Jesus bled for us, and for us to understand and for us to know that the blood of Jesus is powerful and available for everyone that has accepted Him fully into his/her life. There is power in the blood of Jesus.
1. The blood came out of our Lord and Saviour Jesus when He was small, and that’s during His circumcision. He was born into the earth and circumcised, although to become a man and also to fulfill the law, Genesis 17:1-12.
Far more than that, it was with weeping and pain when the blood was coming out of Him. The blood in those days signifies to us that without being born again and also the circumcision of our heart, John 3:3-5.
Our salvation is not real without it.
Mind you the blood of Jesus of those days is also telling us that Christ has wept for us therefore our weeping has been erased. See Psalm 30:5.
2. When He was at the garden of Gethsemane, Luke 22:41-46. That was the place He prayed a prayer He had never prayed before in His life. The Bible recorded that as He prayed, the sweat that came out of His body was like blood.
Although He was praying that the cup of death be removed from Him i.e. seeing the much pain and punishment and death awaiting Him. But thank God, He concluded His prayer and solution was given. This is telling us that we are not alone in our pursuit in life and nothing can stop us on the way to our next level in life through the blood penalty He paid.
3. He was humiliated with all forms of insult, shame; scourge and disgusting experiences before He was later crucified, Isaiah 50:6, 53; 1 Peter 2:24.
He was whipped and scourged so that any problem coming after us will be defeated and also that our healing might be perfected. Drink the blood of Jesus and our healing will be evidently seen by the people around you.
4. He was crowned with crown of thorns, John 19:2. The blood of Jesus came out too for our head to be healed i.e. restoring and maintaining the headship we lost in the Garden of Eden, it was restored through His blood. Head is the most important part of the body which also has other parts of the body therein e.g. eyes, mouth etc. But on that day as He was crowned, blood came out so that our victory over Devil may be real.
5. He was nailed on the two hands to the cross, Matthew 27:23-35. The blood of Jesus came out there too which indicates that whatever we touch is healed. And not only that, also that we can prosper in whatever we do for living, and also that every evil written against us was erased and blotted off by His blood, Colossians 2:14.
6. He was nailed on the legs to the cross, Mark 16:22-25. The blood of Jesus came out so that anywhere we are, we might live victoriously over the devil and his hosts, Colossians 2:15. We move from place to place, to everywhere so as to possess our possessions.
7. Blood came out of His side after being pierced with spear by one of the soldiers guarding Him. He pierced the side of Jesus with spear not realizing that He did it that our salvation might be perfect, for without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. Blood and water came out of the body of Jesus to tell us that our salvation is perfect. The blood of Jesus is still fresh and available till today to give you victory over sin, enemies, devil and every problem that comes our way and also to seal your salvation for eternity. Shout it loud and clear, “THE BLOOD OF JESUS.”
1. I claim the blood of Jesus over very weeping and sorrow in my life to change to joy and rejoicing in my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. As I am covered with the blood of Jesus, I command, everywhere I go and find myself, I must be successful, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I claim the blood of Jesus for my total salvation and protection henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Fulfilling Thursday!