Thursday 1st August 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 2 Samuel 6:1-23
Topic:- The Ark Of The Lord 
Text:- 2 Samuel 6:7
Uzzah or Uzza, meaning strength or goat, was an Israelite whose death is associated with touching the Ark of the Covenant. Uzzah was the son of Abinadab, in whose house the men of Kirjath-jearim placed the Ark when it was brought back from the land of the Philistines. See 2 Samuel 6:1-4.
With his brother Ahio, he drove the cart on which the ark was placed when David sought to bring it up to Jerusalem. When the oxen stumbled, Uzzah steadied the ark with his hand, in direct violation of the divine law, and he was immediately killed for his error. David, displeased because the Lord had killed Uzzah, called the place where this occurred Perez-uzzah, which means “to burst out against Uzzah.” See 2 Samuel 6:5-8.
David was afraid to bring the ark any further, and placed it in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite for three months. The Lord then blessed Obed-edom and David went and brought up the ark of God into the city of David. See 2 Samuel 6:9-11.
Obed-Edom of Gittite to whose house the Ark was taken when removed from that of Abinadab in Gibeah. It remained with Obed-edom three months before it was carried to the City of David; and God “blessed Obededom and all his household.” See 2 Samuel 6:10-11.
1. From I Chronicles 26 4-8 was where Obed-edom is mentioned together with the Levites, it is concluded that he was himself a Levite.
2. His name is interpreted thus:
a. “Obed” means “the servant who honors God in the right way.”
b. “Edom” literally is “red” which means “one who causes to blush.”
c. According to his name, he made David blush for shame because the latter was at first afraid to receive the Ark, whereas Obededom took it into his house without hesitation.
d. During the time that the Ark was with him, Obed-edom used to light a candle before it twice daily, [early in the morning and again at evening].
C. Why Obededom Was Blessed:
1. A Levite who had been working but have nothing to tell.
2. Evil thinking of death cancelled over him.
3. Forgotten but was remembered.
4. To become point of reference.
5. Children, daughter-in-laws and grandchildren we’re blessed along, [the blessing with which God blessed Obed-edom consisted in children, his wife and eight daughters-in-law who bore many children]. See 1 Chronicles 26:4,8,15, [62 able men].
1. Holy Ghost fire, go in any length and visit all stubborn problems that refuse to disappear in my life with the King of glory, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh King Of Glory! Fight all my battle, war and challenges for greater victory henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh King Of Glory! Give me success and bigger testimony henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy New Month! www.timogundelejesu.com