FRIDAY 8TH JUNE 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- JOHN 11
TOPIC:- TEN REASONS WHY IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR JESUS TO RAISE LAZARUS
TEXT:- JOHN 11:40
As it was stated in Acts 10:38 concerning Jesus, who went about doing good and healing people. Today’s topic is about one of those who received this magnitude good news from Jesus who was called Lazarus.
This man Lazarus is our focus today, how he was greatly honoured by our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. The reasons for the possibility for Jesus to raise him from death even after four days shall be discussed in the following ways:
1. It was possible for Jesus because He Himself when on earth was a holy man i.e. the life he lived was a holy living. No sin was counted against Him except those who did not fully understand Him when on earth, John 9:31; Psalm 66:8. It was clearly stated that sin is a hindrance to prayer. He Himself declared that the Devil tried to make Him sin and fall but it was impossible. See John 14:30; Hebrew 4:15.
2. It was also possible because the said man, Lazarus was Jesus’ intimate friend i.e. a sincere friend with Jesus. Although Jesus delayed to go and pray for him while still on the sick bed until he finally died, yet there was no proof why He got delayed. That does not change the fact that Jesus was his friend and at the end, He went there to demonstrate His love towards him. See John 11:5, 11-15, 33-36.
3. It was possible because the type of Lazarus’ sickness was not unto death i.e. not total death but to glorify God. See John 11:4; Matthew 9:24; Acts 20:10.
4. It was possible for Jesus because He is the resurrection and the life i.e. He has power over death and life. As a matter of fact He is the creator of everything, including death. See John 11:25; 5:21; 10:17-18.
5. It was also possible for Jesus because He commanded that the stone on Lazarus’ grave be rolled away when He got there; which means He was clearing the way for Lazarus to wake up because the dead body of Lazarus could only come out of the grave if the barrier was removed as he was not a spirit being that has no body. See John 11:39, 41; Mark 16:1-4.
6. It was possible for Jesus because when He got to the grave of Lazarus after the stone has been removed. He prayed and gave thanks to God for the miracle that was about to take place. See John 11:41; I Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20 and Colossians 3:17.
7. It was also possible for Jesus because His works on earth always glorify God i.e. He never ascribe the glory to Himself but unto God. See John 11:4, 40; Isaiah 42:8; 48:11.
8. It was possible for Jesus because He was a man of prayer when on earth. He did nothing without first praying through before taking action in all of the miracles He performed. See John 11:42; Matthew 14:23; 17:21.
9. It was also possible for Jesus because of His faith i.e. He believed that with God everything is possible and He never gave chance to doubt or Satan. See John 11:15, 22, 42; Luke 1:37.
10. Finally, it was possible for Jesus because there is power in His word i.e. whenever He decrees or commands or speaks any authoritative word, it will be done instantly. In fact, He Himself is the word and the creator. See John 11:43-44; 1:1; Colossians 1:16.
With all the above principles of Jesus, you too can declare fire against every power that wants to kill and bury your glory, and claim back your miracle, healing, freedom, breakthrough.
1. Oh Lord my God, make me holy henceforth and for me to be serving You in truth and in Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command the resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ to raise and make alive everything dead in all the departments of my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Resurrection power of the Lord Jesus Christ, operate in me henceforth, for me to arise and shine, in the name of Jesus Christ.