Monday 19th November 2018
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 90
Topic:- Teach Us To Number Our Days
Text:- Psalm 90:12
Nobody will like to speak on today’s topic except during burial ceremony or birthday ceremony. Does it mean I want the reader of today’s message to die? That is far from the reason, but only to obey the Lord. Because sooner or later, everybody will die.
The Bible refers us to number our days either in birthday or before death, since the dead are no longer beneficial from preaching again. And the main reason why we were commanded to number our days is for us to apply our hearts to wisdom, Psalm 90:12.
There are some wisdom that God wants our hearts to know i.e. our real self:
1. Whenever your birthday is observed or celebrated, or whenever you sleep and wake up, the wisdom God wants you to know is that you are growing older or rather to say, you are drawing nearer to your grave.
2. As I am being nearer to my grave everyday, do people know Christ through me or do i make people to turn away from Christ through my behaviours and attitude. Did I make good impact for the world to see Jesus in me, i.e. Is my existence being felt by anybody as a Christian? See Acts 10:38; 11:26.
3. We labour so much on this earth to the extent that it is only limited time we have for God. Have we ever considered that even all those thing we labour for day and night are all vanity upon vanity, says King Solomon with all his possession and riches. If I die today, is that the end to everything or did I have a life that knows no ending in Christ? See Ecclesiastes 1:1-18; 12:1-18.
4. Have you reproduce yourself, i.e did you have someone you have mentored that can carry on your good work? See 1 Corinthians 4:14-17.
5. You as a person, did you affect people’s lives positively or negatively, i.e can people says that you are a good person or bad person? See Acts 9:36-42.
6. Do you have a goodly legacy you are leaving behind after you might have died. See Mark 10:17-31.
7. Another great wisdom that God wants our heart to apply is that, as I wake up everyday, have I ever appreciated God for sparing my life? Am I appreciative of what God is doing in my life daily? At least the hymnologist said in Redemption Hymnal No 427 that you should count your blessing and name them one by one and you will be surprised what the Lord has done.
Let us continue praying unto God that He should teach us to number our days, so as to apply our hearts to wisdom.
1. Oh Lord God, teach me henceforth to number my days, so as to be wise, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, heIp me to make meaningful impact to my generation henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every ungodly act/habit and dying talent in my life, change for better now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Monday!