Thursday 4th April 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Psalm 90
Topic:- Teach Us To Number Our Days 
Text:- Psalm 90:12
The main reason why we were commanded to number our days according to Psalm 90 verse 12 which is mostly believed that it was written by Moses, is for us to apply our hearts to wisdom. There are some wisdom that God wants our hearts to know are the followings:
1. The greatest wisdom that God wants our heart to apply is that, as we wake up everyday, do we ever appreciate God for sparing our life? Do we appreciative what God is doing in our life daily for sustaining?
At least the hymnologist said in Redemption Hymnal No 427 that you should count your blessing and name them one by one and you will be surprised what the Lord has done. See Psalm 3:5; 103.
2. Do people know Christ through me or do i make people to turn away from Christ through my behaviours and attitude? Did I make good impact for the world to see Jesus in me, i.e. Is my existence being felt by anybody as a Christian? See Acts 10:38; 11:26.
3. We labour so much on this earth to the extent that it is only limited time we have for God. Have we ever considered that even all those thing we labour for day and night are all vanity upon vanity, says King Solomon with all his possession and riches. If I die today, is that the end to everything or did I have a life that knows no ending in Christ? See Ecclesiastes 1:1-18; 12:1-18.
4. Have you reproduce yourself, i.e did you have someone you have mentored that can carry on your good works? Do you have a goodly legacy you are leaving behind after you might have died. See Mark 10:17-31; 1 Corinthians 4:14-17.
5. You as a person, did you affect people’s lives positively or negatively, i.e can people says that you are a good person or bad person? See Acts 9:36-42.
6. Holiar than thou attitude is called: self-righteousness; sanctimoniousness; sententiousness. Is a feeling or display of (usually smug) moral superiority derived from a sense that one’s beliefs, actions, or affiliations are of greater virtue than those of the average person. See Isaiah 65:5; Mark 10:18; Romans 3:10.
7. Para-venture Jesus returns today, what will He says to you? Will He says, “Welcome you my faithful servant, enter into the joy of your Father” or He will says, Depart from Me you workers of iniquity, for I know you not.” See Matthew 7:21-23; 25:34.
Let us continue praying unto God that He should teach us to number our days, so as to apply our hearts to wisdom.
1. Oh Lord God, teach me henceforth to number my days, so as to be wise, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Oh Lord God, help me to make meaningful impact to my generation henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I command every ungodly act/habit and dying talent in my life, received fire now and change for better, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a Lovely Thursday!