SUNDAY 11TH MARCH, 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- DANIEL 9
TOPIC:- SIN MUST DIE IN MY LIFE.
TEXT:- ROMANS 6:14
A. Sin has many faces to its name, in which we shall try to discuss underneath:
1. Another name for sin is called transgression. And transgression in Hebrew language is called “Pesha” which is interpreted to mean a revolt, Psalm 51:1.
2. It is also called a trespass; wickedness; rebellion; faithlessness; apostasy; defection, Proverb 28:2.
3. Transgression is also the technical term for wilful deviation from the path of righteousness, Amos 2:4.
4. It is a premeditated crossing of the line of God’s law, a rebellious acts of rejecting God’s authority, Psalm 32:1.
5. Another name given to sin is iniquity. In Hebrew language is called “awon” which means perversity; guilt; a crime; a fault; mischief; separation from God; alienation, Psalm 51:5,9.
6. It also means uncleanness, Psalm 51:2.
7. It can also be referred to as a breach of civil law which is a disobedience to God, Psalm 103:10.
B. There are also some description of sin which are as follows:
1. Presumptuous sin are self-destructive and be avoided at all costs, Psalm 19:13.
2. Hidden Fault is like a trapdoor that swings from underfloor. It can be called unknown sin, Leviticus 5:17-19.
3. Easily beset sin, Hebrews 12:1.
4. All righteousness, 1John 5:17.
5. Unable to do right thing, James 4:17.
1. Oh Lord God, forgive me of all my known and unknown sins, and have mercy upon me according to Thy loving kindness.
2. Oh Lord God, restore unto me the joy of salvation, and uphold me with Thy free Spirit.
3. Oh Lord God, give me grace to forgive myself of my past sins, and to forgive those who sin against me.
4. I command every sinful acts and sin behaviours that is still reigning in my life, die by fire!
Happy Lord’s Day!