Tuesday 29th September 2020 Devotion
Scripture:- Philippians 2:1-10
Topic:- Similarities Between Moses and Jesus
Text:- Deuteronomy 34:10
The similarities between Jesus and Moses are plenty but we will limit to 15 similarities which are as follows:
- They were born to deliver God’s people.
2..Satan sought their lives at birth to kill and destroy them.
- God rescued their lives at childhood by the Ministry of Angels guiding their rescuers.
- Both found refugee at Egypt. Pharaohs daughter was an Egyptian, Joseph and Mary went to Egypt for safety.
- Both spent number forty in the wilderness before they started their ministry! Moses tending sheep 40 years and Jesus at the wilderness 40 days fasting.
- Both were rejected or met opposition in their ministry! Moses was opposed by the three men Korah, Abiram and Dathan as Jesus was rejected by Pharisees and Jews!
- Both were despised by their family members and closest friend! Moses by his sister Miriam and Jesus His brothers for they saw He was against the Pharisees!
- Both miraculous provided food to people. Moses with Manna and Jesus with the five thousands men!
- Both had control over nature! Moses with the red sea and Jesus calming the storm!
- Both are considered in the whole Bible the most humble. Moses is number 2 after Jesus. See Number 12:3; Philippians 2:3-9.
- Both their promise of entering Canaan was cut off but they became faithful to God still. Moses, entering earthly Canaan was cut off, Jesus from Gethsemane through the Cross have hope of resurrection!
- Both their dead involved uncommon things. Moses’s grave site not known, Jesus’s dead rent the temple curtain, darkness all over, Temple goats of sacrifices made an escape!
- Both were considered the greatest Prophet who ever lived. Of Moses and that of Jesus was too taken as one of the greatest Prophet when he was questioned of His Messiahship. See Deuteronomy 34:10.
- Both had an opportunity to speak face to face with God!
- The most striking similarity between Moses and Jesus, that which clearly reveals their heart. Both were ready and willing to die eternally, for the salvation of others! They were willing to miss eternal life so that their followers can have eternal life.
Prayer Point:- Oh Lord God, help me to resemble totally henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Wonderful Tuesday!