Monday 18th February 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- Luke 1:26-38
Topic:- Seven Remarkable Events During The Birth Of Jesus
Text:- Luke 1:35
It is worth knowing some notable and remarkable events, and miracles that surrounded the birth of Jesus as to realize that our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords and the only Hope of the entire world. Let’s see the followings:
1. The appearance of the Angel Gabriel that brought favour, [although to Mary, she was called the highly favoured one] to mankind. See Luke 1:28.
2. The miraculous pregnancy of Mary without the meeting of a man. And also that of Elizabeth, an old woman. See Luke 1:7; 34-37.
3. The event of when Mary visited her cousin. Elisabeth. The old woman was filled with Holy Ghost which means that she was anointed. Thus gives us assurance that wherever Jesus is, the Anointing is present. See Luke 1:39-45.
4. Event of the General Census or Registration of everybody world-wide. It was at the instance of the Savior of the World that was to be born. That a Census was promulgated which has a spiritual meaning that everybody must be recorded or registered. See Luke 2:1-5. And note Revelation 20:15.
5. The gifts that were presented to Jesus Christ made us to believe that Jesus Christ is not only the gift to the whole World but also that, Christmas and the Boxing day mean giving of gifts to our loved ones. See Matthew 2:1-11.
6. The giving of total and solid protection to Jesus gave us also that we can be protected and be spared from any evil devices of the evil one, at least, Jesus was spared and protected away from the evil King Herod. See Matthew 2:12-16.
7. The event of during Jesus dedication and presentation in the Temple, when Simeon made some prophetic utterances about Jesus. And also the joy of Anna too was full. See Luke 2:22-38.
All these and more have made us to believe that our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, because of those events that surrounded His birth, made us to believe that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour of the entire universe.
Are you still doubting? You better accept the greatest gift to the mankind, so that you too can enjoy all the benefits that surrounded Jesus’ birth.
1. I accept You newly as my Redeemer, Savior and my all in all henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I know You can do better and more than those events of Your birth in my life henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. My Lord and my God, surprise me with an undeniable proof of Your doings in my life henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have a Lovely Monday!