FRIDAY 1ST JUNE 2018 MORNING PRAYER DEVOTION
SCRIPTURE READING:- JUDGES 16
TOPIC:- SAMSON HAIR BEGAN TO GROW AGAIN
TEXT:– JUDGES 16:22
Samson was not a Jewish “green giant.” He was no gullible Goliath. He was no retarded Hercules, nor was he an overweight Romeo. The truth is Samson was one of the great spiritual giants of the Bible. No wine nor strong drink ever entered into his mouth. He belonged to the most consecrated group, the Nazarites. Of him it is said, “The Spirit of the Lord came upon him,” more than of any other man in the Old Testament. He was brilliant.
He thought of the idea once of tying the tails of 300 foxes together. He set them on fire and let them loose in the grain fields of the Philistines.
He was strong. He once took the jawbone of a donkey and slew 1000 men. He was a great leader. He ruled Israel as a judge for 20 years.
Yet, sad to say, he fell into sin. He lost his hair and his power. The Philistines put him on exhibit at a great festival and public sacrifice to Dagon, their pagan god. The great temple of Dagon was filled to capacity and 3000 were on the roof.
They gouged out the eyes of Samson, bound him and made him grind at the mill. Picture Samson going round and round at the mill. Suddenly he feels the top of his head. With complete shock and delight, he becomes aware that his hair is growing again.
He begins to feel stronger. The load seems lighter. Though his eyes will never see again, his hair can grow again, his strength can return and his power can come back to him. He will never be the Samson he once was but God can use him again. He is weak now, but he will fight again.
There are many in the Bible who were down but God lifted them up because their hairs grew again:
1. Peter was cursing and denying the Lord, but he preached at Pentecost and saw 3000 people saved.
2. Job was proud because he stood for God and went through the persecution, but he was revived and once again gave God the glory He deserved.
3. Jonah was running away, but he returned and preached one of the great revivals in history in the city of Nineveh.
4. John Mark was in Pamphylia, he turned back and lefted the first missionary journey, but his hair grew again and regain his power and wrote one of the four Gospels.
5. Jacob was cheating then but returned to ask for forgiveness and became a prince in the sight of God.
6. Thomas was a doubter then, but he returned and believed that Jesus is his Lord and his God, he gave his life in service in the country of India.
7. David was committing awful sins, but he returned and became the greatest king ever to sit on the throne of Israel.
8. James and John were seeking the best seats but they rose again and became pillars in the New Testament Church.
9. Abraham was lying about Sarah being his wife but he returned from Egypt to become the friend of God.
Samson felt his hair was growing again. He cried and prayed for one last victory. The hair does grow. The power does returned.
The time comes when he asks a lad to lead him to the two middle pillars of the heathen temple. He gives one last prayer to God and he asserts one last lunge. He drags the pillars; the roof falls and all the people are killed.
Samson also is killed and as he looks in the face of his Lord he possesses victory.
The gushing wells may be stopped for a season, but soon the living water will gush through again. The beautiful tree in the forest will lose its leaves, but when spring returns, it will begin to bud.
Your Own Hair Can Grow Too:
1. You who was a teacher of the Word but lost the power? Feel the top of your head. The hair may be beginning to grow again.
2. You who was a soul winner but has drifted from God? God can use you again.
3. You who was really anointed for God’s uses but now is on the shelf? Maybe your hair is beginning to grow again. Rise up, ye Samsons, and enjoy other victories. God has them for you!
1. I regain all my lost grounds now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. Every power trying to rebuild the habitation of troubler in my life, be paralyzed, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. I seal my victory over all destiny destroyer now by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Beautiful Weekend!