Tuesday 14th May 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Kings 17:8-16
Topic:- Reasons Why We Should Give To God
Text:- Luke 6:38
It is a pity today that even unbelievers understand giving than we Christians. They believe that, “Nothing goes for nothing, and also, one good turn deserves another.”
It is high time that we Christians begin to rise up to our challenges and begin to give like the Widow of Zarephath. Remember, a giver will never lack, and also, the hand of a giver will always be on top.
God is the owner of what you have. God was testing the woman and needs her total obedience. She passed the test of God as she obey the command of Elijah, as she acted in faith, and was rewarded in return, even throughout the period of the drought.
Remember, you can never over-give but as you give, He has promised abundant to be given in return. You are even asked to continue in giving. See Luke 6:38; Galatians 6:9.
1. I refuse to be replaced nor my position be taken by another, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2. I command, my glory will not be shared nor taken by another, in the name of Jesus Christ.
3. Oh Lord God, give me totally obedient heart to give unto You henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Oh God, let giving be part of me henceforth, so that I too will become blessing, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Oh Lord God, rain upon me, Your blessings, and turn my famine into abundance provision, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Lovely Tuesday!