Friday 27th December 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- 1 Corinthians 14:1-25
Topic:- Reasons Why Praying In Tongues 
Text:- Romans 8:26
7. Every believer should speak in tongues. It provides a way for you to pray about things that you wouldn’t think to pray about or aren’t even aware of. We already know that the Holy Spirit helps us pray for particular situations when we don’t know how to pray about those situations. In addition, the Holy Spirit, who knows everything, can pray things through us for things about which our natural mind knows nothing.
8. Another reason why every believer should speak with tongues is because in yielding your tongue to the Holy Spirit to speak with other tongues is a big step toward being able to fully yield all of your members to God; for if you can yield your tongue, you can yield any member of your body to God. See James 3:8.
9. Speaking in tongues is the initial evidence of the infilling of the Holy Spirit. God has given us. This wonderful spiritual gift to bless us, edify us, and refresh us throughout our lives on this earth. Let’s receive what God has provided and enjoy the benefits of speaking in tongues! People speak with other tongues because it keeps us continually aware of the Holy Spirit’s indwelling Presence.
10. Not only is speaking with tongues the initial sign or evidence of the Holy Spirit’s infilling, but continuing to pray and to worship God in tongues helps us to be ever-conscious of His indwelling Presence. And if you are conscious of the indwelling Presence of the Holy Ghost every day, that is bound to affect the way you think and live.
11. We don’t know what and how to pray accordingly. But Holy Spirit will pray accordingly for us. See Romans 8:26.
12. We don’t know how to pray perfectly for God’s will. Our will may not be God’s will at the time of our praying but as we speak in tongues, Holy Spirit will redirect our wrongful prayer. See Romans 8:27
Prayer Points:- Help me oh Lord God henceforth to continue to pray in spirit and in tongues, in the name of Jesus Christ