Thursday 19th September 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 8:1-11
Topic:- Reasons Why Jesus Wrote On The Ground 
Text:- John 8:8
D. God wants these hard hearts broken.
1. What breaks our hearts? A genuine remorse and sorrow for our sins. God wants to write the Law in our hearts, but first our hearts must be broken by repentance and confession of our sins. See Acts 2:37-39.
2. A broken heart will be in two portions, representing the two tables of stone. The outer surface of our hearts is hardened by sin and selfish desires.
3. God can only write His laws on the soft inner portions of our broken hearts. Then those laws become part of our innermost desires. In other words we obey God’s laws because we want to, not because we have to.
4. When those hearts break in repentance, then Jesus as the Spirit of God, writes His laws in the soft portions of our hearts. Then like Him, we have compassion for sinners as well as a desire to get them saved. Only then is God’s plan complete in our lives.
E. Why was the Law written twice in the Old Testament?
1. Because in the New Testament Jesus as the Spirit of God first wrote His laws into the inner hearts of His Church believers or Bride over the 2 000 years of Church history.
2. When the true Church is taken up to Heaven at the Coming of the Lord, then two Prophets, Moses and Elijah, will take the Gospel back to Israel to convert the 144 000 Jews. Then once again, for this second group, Jesus will have to start all over and write His laws into the hearts of this new group of people, the Jews, who have effectively ignored Him and denied Him for 2000 years.
F. There are two groups who receive the truth in the New Testament.
1. The Christians during the seven Church ages who collectively make up the Bride of Christ and the 144 000 Jews who come in during the Tribulation time. Thus Jesus was happy to write twice in the sand. He knew He had two distinct groups of people, Gentile and Jew, whose repentant hearts He still had to deal with. But the laws written in ground would become written in the hearts of believers that are made from ground.
2. In the holy place in the Tabernacle, there was a seven-branched candlestick and a table of shewbread that had 12 loaves. These represented the two groups that God is interested in during the New Testament.
G. The remaining reasons why Jesus wrote on the ground.
1. The Jews were known for their hypocrisy way of life. The Law of Moses demands that both the woman and the man should be stoned but it was only the woman that was brought to out for judgment before Jesus Christ. This concluded the writing of Jesus on the ground. See Deuteronomy 22:22; John 8:4-11.
2. He decided to disgrace the accusser of the woman and also that He Jesus can never be implicated. See Isaiah 59:19; John 8:9-10.
3. Jesus determines to set the woman free from adultery and all sins, and also to give her power over sin. See Romans 6:14; John 8:11.
Prayer Point:- I command, the power of sin no more, come upon me now by fire henceforth, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Have A Glorious Thursday! www.timogundelejesu.com