Wednesday 18th September 2019 Prayer Devotion
Scripture Reading:- John 8:1-11
Topic:- Reasons Why Jesus Wrote On The Ground 
Text:- John 8:8
C. But the ten commandments had been written twice by God in stone.
1. As God the Father, Jesus had written the ten commandments twice with His finger in stone. As the Son of God He now wrote twice with His finger in the ground. See Exodus 34:1.
2. Jesus had saved the life of the woman. A woman symbolizes the Church. So Jesus alone is the Saviour of the Church. See John 8:9. No great Prophet could save the Church — only Jesus Who is the Word of God.
3. Jesus had to die on the cross so that His Blood could cleanse the church. Then the great Holy Spirit, the Life that was in His Blood, could come down and dwell within our repentant hearts to guide us into all truth. See John 16:13.
4. The religious leaders of that day actually used the quotes of the Prophet Moses to oppose Jesus (the Word) in their attempts to kill the woman (the symbol of the Church).
5. But there was one more step for God’s plan with humanity. Stone had become ground with time, but what does ground become?
6. Adam was made from the dust of the earth. Suddenly some of the ground in Eden began to turn into a human being. An absolute miracle. So from the ground God makes the bodies of human beings. Our hearts are thus made from the ground. Our bodies get all the elements they need from food. Animals eat plants and plants get all the elements they need from the ground. So ultimately, everything that our bodies are, comes from the ground. See Genesis 2:7; Jeremiah 31:31-33; Hebrews 12:24; 2 Corinthians 5:17.
7. God wants to make a New Testament covenant with every human being whereby God writes His laws into our hearts which will give us a deep desire to live by His laws. This will make us new people. God is wanting to make us into better people. See Exodus 34:1.
8. There must be two tables. So the heart must be broken. Our broken hearts are God’s target. Human hearts are hard. The murderous zeal of the Scribes and Pharisees to kill the woman was proof of that. The endless wars and violence that go on in the world today are further proof of that.
Prayer Point: Oh Lord God, help me not to put You in test nor failed You henceforth by fire, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Happy Mid-Week! www.timogundelejesu.com